The end of a great journey always needs to have a kiss

"I dont know if you remember Katara" I mumble softly to her as we walk through the streets of Ba Sing Se together, "But when we were in a small fishing town, where we met Huku?" I ask and she nods "I had told you about this bottomless pit I felt in my heart-"

"And I told you I hope you could find someone to fill it one day" She says smiling softly, brushing her long hair back and I nod, playing with the fabric of my green dress as we walk up to Iroh's tea shop. I glance up at Zuko, who was sitting talking to Sokka and I smile softly. I wave to Jerry who was sitting by Iroh, patting down his Dai Li uniform and laughing with the old man.

"I think... I think I managed to fill the hole..." I whisper looking around at the tea shop, watching as the people whom I learned to call my family sit around and talk, having tea casually. Katara takes my hand gently, and I look up at her.

"I couldn't be happier for you" She breaths and I beam, watching as Zuko comes with a tray of tea. Katara lets go of my hand, taking a cup of tea and I do the same, kissing Zuko on the cheek.

"You know Fire Lord Zuko, it would be scaleless if someone saw you serving tea to a water tribe peasant" Katara jokes and I laugh. Zuko huffs, smirking as he walks away, handing Sokka a cup of tea, looking over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" He asks and I walk over to Sokka, looking over his shoulder, smiling softly at his art.

"I'm painting you, to have something to remember this by" He says and I snort

"What you're telling me you wont remember my beautiful face" I grin, bumping his shoulder and he smirks.

"I just wanted to make sure I remembered they messy hair you have when you wake up in the morning" He jokes and I roll my eyes 

"My hair is not messy in the morning" 

"Yes it is! You see this is why we need a painting" He says and I roll my eyes, looking up at Zuko 

"Do I have messy hair in the morning?" I ask and he scratches the back of his neck, shrugging 

"Maybe... just a little" He mumbles and I gasp 

"I thought you loved me" I frown and Sokka elbows me in the stomach, I grunt slapping his shoulder and he steps on my foot. I grab Sokka pushing him off the chair and he grabs my dress, pulling me down with him. 

"Sokka-" 

"Isa-" 

I hear Katara and Zuko call out our names but I continue wrestling with Sokka on the floor, throwing him off of me as I get up quickly, placing my foot one his face. 

"I win!" I cheer looking over at Zuko who gives me a thumbs up, smiling softly and I laugh. 

"Get your stinky foot off of me" Sokka grumbles and I snort 

I hold my fist up to Zuko and he raises an eyebrow, I chuckle softly. "Remember when the Dai Li Agents attacked me? And I couldn't speak, we had made a secret language" I laugh, remembering how I had used my fingers to indicate yes or no, good and bad.

"Yes" Zuko nods, his eyes looking out at the sunset "I remember, of course I do, I almost lost you that night" I sigh, tilting his head to me with a gentle finger, forcing him to look into my eyes.

"Zuko, I'm fine," I trace a gentle finger on the faint scar on my neck, "It's not such a big deal... what was a big deal was, well before I fell asleep, when I had asked you to stay in my room" Zuko smiles down at me "I had raised a fist"

"Yeah I remember, I was quite confused, I still am" He mumbles and I smile.

"Well it means, it means... I love you" Zuko blushes, brushing back my hair

"You loved me back then?" He asks and I nod

"I loved you way before I had the guts to tell you Zuko" I snort, looking out at the city below us, and Zuko takes my hand in his, interlacing our fingers.

"I cant believe you loved me then, I was sure you hated me" He laughs and I raise an eyebrow

"We slept in the same bed" I laugh and Zuko blushes

"Yes... maybe I was still in disbelief that you could love someone like me" he breaths and I smile sadly, my thumb caressing his face and I sigh.

"It's funny, because I feel the same way...." I whisper, trying to suppress a grin "perhaps it's because I  feel like I... I dont have enough honor to date you" I snort, biting my lip and Zuko bursts out laughing. He holds his stomach, his eyes squeezing shut as he laughs loudly. I beam at him, enjoying the view when he picks me up, twirling me around on the balcony and I tilt my head back chuckling softly.

"Spirits you're horrible" he chuckles playfully, putting me down and I smile softly. He places his forehead on mine and I sigh happily, interlacing my fingers around his waist.

"You know what?" I ask and he hums

"What darling?" He asks and I smile wildly

"I think I want to spend the rest of my life with you" I whisper and Zuko places his hand on my cheek, lifting my chin as he looks into my eyes, love and pure joy being the only thing in them and he blinks, before leaning down.

"I like the sound of that" he whispers kissing my lips and I smile into the kiss.

---------------------------------------------------------

Merlin this took me a bit to get out, sorry about that! 

Alright, so.... I hope you guys are safe, happy and are having a wonderful day! 🌻🌻