What do you do when your family doesnt like your boyfriend?

Isa POV

"Guys please!" I beg taking a seat next to Sokka, after coming back from spending time with Zuko "just give him a chance"

"We cant trust him" Sokka shakes his head and I move my gaze towards the fire, the only light in temple, along with the moon.

"But Sokka, I love him" I confess and his eyes widen.

"You love him?" He asks poking a finger in my face and I nod "oh Spirits give me strength!" he sighs and I laugh, my gaze shifting to the wall, noticing movement. I furrow my eyebrows, but brush it off as Spirits.

"Sokka just give him-"

"I don't think so" Katara says sitting down next to the fire in front of me and I frown.

"Says the girl who had a crush on Jet" I joke and she sticks her tongue out. I grab a few sticks, starting to carve out new arrows for myself as the conversation continues.

"Whatever" she rolls her eyes

"You know Jet had tried to kill me when we were in Ba Sing Se" I mumble and her eyes widen "Yeah, he knew that Zuko was a fire bender, called me a traitor for being with him and them tried to cut my head off in a tea shop"

"I think your trip was more interesting then ours" Sokka says leaning back on his arms and I shake my head, carving more arrows and attaching the stones I had already sharpened onto them.

"I doubt it, I spent nearly half of it in the Palace"

"I still can't believe you got to sleep in the same place as the Fire Lord" Sokka shakes his head and I rub the scar on my neck nonchalantly.

"Trust me, it came at a price"

"Wait... did someone try to kill you?" Katara asks and I turn to fave her. When I told them everything... i didn't exactly tell them everything. I mean they would have become hysterical! I'm fine!

"Yeah... Azula wasn't really welcoming" I chuckle awkwardly and Sokka and Katara look at me with mixed emotions.

"So she tried to cut your head off?" Sokka asks

"No" I shake my head "a Dai Li agent did" I laugh nervously and Katara looks like she's about to kill someone, specificly Zuko.

"I can't believe you're dating him" Sokka shakes his head for the hundredth time "I mean Katara and Aang I can't handle" he points to Katara and her eyes widen "but you and Zuko" he sigh staring down at the fire "that's going to take some getting used to"

"Alright" I mumble with a slight chuckle, walking off to Appa "I'm going to sleep, I hope you guys change your mind" I wave to them, climbing onto Appas saddle and curling up in a ball, missing Zukos warmth.... fuck I'm so in love, I smile softly, falling asleep to Appas snores.

The next morning I wake up to a boulder falling. I sit up straight, looking down from Appas saddle, watching as Toph crawls into the temple.

"Toph" I yelp, jumping off Appa and running to her "are you ok?" I ask taking her hand in mine and she nods.

"Yeah, yeah" she nods

"What's wrong?" Katara asks

"Zuko burnt my feet" she mutters and I glance at her red feet, feeling anger bubbling in my stomach.

"He burnt you?" I ask in disbelief and she nods, sighing as Katara heals her burns.

"He didn't mean too"

"What were you doing with Zuko in the first place?" Sokka asks

"I wanted to talk to him" she mumbles "to see if he really meant what he said"