The Tale Of Isa

Isa POV

Fuck I hate mornings. Who is a morning person? Like actually are you human? Do you enjoy waking up? Fucking weirdo. (A/N I'm joking I'm a morning person :) love y'all ) 

"Wake up Isa! We have work!" Zuko calls out and I groan, getting up slowly. I rub my eyes and get up, walking to the small bathroom. After the events of last night, you know... the whole crying hysterically while Iroh try's to figure out wether I am planing to kill my self? And the eye opening walk with Zuko? Yeah, that. Well after that I didn't get much sleep, and I am currently running on 3 hours of it. I sigh, washing my face and brushing my teeth, brushing my hair and walking towards Zuko.

"Good morning" I mumble and we head out to the tea shop together.

"Good morning" Zuko grunts and I look up at him.

"Something wrong?" I ask and Zuko shakes his head.

"No... no it's nothing" he says and I nod. Not believing him, but giving him space. We walk into  the tea shop and I put on my apron. Iroh had requested a day off so Zuko and I will need to work double. Iroh said it was personal business and I didn't question it. I go behind the counter and into the kitchen, warming up water.

"A jasmine tea" Zuko calls from the window and I nod, making the tea and putting it on the window counter. Zuko picks it up and this goes on for the whole day. But the end of the day I realize that the girl at the far table had been there all day. I grab a cup of green tea and walk over to her.

"Is everything all right miss?" I ask and she looks at me startled.

"Oh yes... " she says and I fallow her gaze to Zuko.

"He's single, you know" I say placing the cup of tea on the table. She looks at me with surprise and I smile kindly.

"Thanks" she says "is he a friend?"

"Yeah, we moved here together. But he's only a friend" I tell her so she doesn't get discouraged from asking him out. The girl nods smiling at me.

"You think it's a good idea?" She asks and I nod.

"Yep. He's a little rough on the outside, but he's very kind on the inside. I think it would be great if you asked him out" I tell her and get back to the kitchen. I watch as the girl calls Zuko to her table and he prepares to take her order. He looks at her startled for a second and then he looks back at me. I grin giving him a thumbs up and he turns back to her nodding. The girl leaves and Zuko walks towards me with her empty cup.

"So? When are you picking her up?" I ask and he glares at me.

"Was this your idea?" He asks "I don't need help finding dates"

"Oh shut up Zuko! She's kind and pretty, and she asked you out. Relax, go home and get ready, I'll close up the shop" I tell him and he sighs.

"Ok, she told me she'd meet me here at 7" he says and I look at the clock.

"Zuko! It's 6! Go get ready!" I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"Ok ok" he mumbles "bye" he waves to me and walks out of the store. I smile and continue to wash the dishes. A short elderly woman with white hair and a pretty blue dress walks in 5 minutes before closing and I sigh. I just want to go to sleeeppppp!

"Hello, what can I get you?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"mint tea please" she says and I smile, nodding. I warm up the water and make her the tea, making myself a cup as well. I walk over to her and hand her the cup. She smiles at me and point to the chair in front of her.

"Would you like to join me? I noticed you made tea for yourself as well" she says and I nod.

"Sure" I say and get my tea, sitting in front of her. If I'm going to be here past closing time then I would rather be sitting.

"What is a lovely girl like you doing here?" The woman asks and I shrug.

"Working I guess" I say and the woman chuckles.

"Yes I know that" she says gesturing you the cup "but why are you not with that boy you like?" She asks and my eyes widen.

"What...?" I ask confused

"The young boy you work with. I saw him going out with a girl, I thought with the way he looked at you, you two were together" she explains and I smile, shaking my head.

"No, no" I say giggling slightly "we are just friends"

"I know love when I see it" the lady says and my eyes widen.

"Wooow love is a big word" I say awkwardly. The woman smiles kindly at me.

"Love is only four letters" the lady jokes and I snort.

"He doesn't like me, and I shouldn't like him" I say

"And why is that?" The lady asks and I sigh

"His family hurt my family" I explain it plainly. The lady frowns slightly.

"But did he hurt you?" She asks confused and I think back to out time together.

"Ummm no, not really. He doesn't like my friends though" I say, not mentioning the fact that he has tried to capture Aang multiple times.

"Well then I do not see a problem" the lady says taking a sip from her tea.

"Well it's more complicated then that" I say and the lady nods.

"Then explain it to me" she asks and I look at her stunned.

"Umm yeah ok" I say not believing someone is interested in hearing my problems "well his dad kind of caused the death of my brother, and a couple of my friends. And then his dad banished him from home because.... well he lost something and he needs to return it. But to return it he needs to hurt one of my friends" I say playing with my white strand of hair. The lady nods and listens, giving me space to talk and express my distress.

"Do you think that if you ask him, he won't hurt your friend?" She asks

"No" I deadpan "his fathers approval is everything for him"

"Mmmm I see the problem" the lady says nodding "yes it's clear now"

"Well? What is it?" I ask as she takes another sip from her tea.

"You" she says lifting her lips from the cup "need to make him see how much he loves you"

"What?" I ask "that doesn't make any sense"

"He is clearly in love dear, he just doesn't know it yet"

"He just went on a date with another girl!" I say frustrated. This is not the advice i was inticipating.

"You let him, didn't you?" She and and I sigh

"So what? I should just run up to him and kiss him?" I ask and the lady nods, pointing a wrinkly finger at me.

"Exactly!" She says and I chuckle.

"Isa! Isa who are you talking to?" I hear Pao call out from the back room. He walks into the room and I look at him.

"Oh just too-" I say turning to point at the woman when I notice she is gone "uh?" I whisper in surprise.

"There's no one here" Pao says and I shake my head.

"I guess I'm just tiered" I mumble and Pao nods, walking back to the back room. I look around the room when I notice the cup infornt of me. I pick it up and see that the cup is half empty. Mint tea. What the fuck? I sigh, shaking my head and waking to the kitchen, placing the cup in the sink.

"Run up and kiss him" I whisper chuckling to myself "fucking idiot"

——————————————————

In honor of Mako