Ch:9 Why?

(Sam's P.O.V)

I glared at Ansen who squirmed under my hard look. A geek who got chosen to spend the 7 minutes in a room with Lea. Not a big threat but still. I mean she was DRUNK for God's sake!

At our parties there were various ways we used to choose the players for the game. It could be Chits with names or numbers or it could be truth or dare style where you spin the bottle. We had spun the bottle to choose. And this is how it betrayed me.

I could not believe I agreed to Lea's request. Stupid me. How could I let that happen?

Before Ansen and light headed Lea went in, I warned him not to try anything. I painfully waited for the 7 minutes to be over.

I glanced around to see the people playing. I saw Raine, a blonde in our grade. Kyles, geek. Louis a junior jock, Peter, a player, senior, Mandie who is Peter's sister and pretty as well,Clarice, Holland and also Dave who I just noticed. I sent him a weak smile and he simply smirked.

I saw more people but I couldn't quite recognize some. Partly because I was already tired of thinking about Lea like she was a child and partly because maybe I didn't know them.

Trying to get my thoughts straight, I looked around the room again in hopes of distracting myself.

I locked eyes with Holland. I raised my brow at her questioningly as to which she sent a very suspicious smile. Okay.

So all if them are acting strange. I do have a rough idea. One I don't want to accept or acknowledge at all.

'You never accept the truth, Sam. Do you?'

'How are you always so supportive, brain. You really need to teach me the art!'

I let the sarcasm show as I replied to brain's stupidity.

'It's not only MY stupidity! Don't forget I'm the only reason of you being smart.'

I rolled my eyes at him.

The next moment, I saw Lea snapping her fingers in front of me. I looked from her fingers to her pretty face and her loose dark brown silky hair. Her eyes were wide open with childish joy and it made me smile.

She was letting go willingly. Despite the amount of alcohol she probably consumed, she was trying to enjoy this and killing the other rational part of herself to let go. Much like me tonight.

"My turn is over."

"I can see....." I replied as she sat down 2 people left from me.

"Still no chance of you two going in together. The bottle can't align itself in that direction." Holland, who was sitting beside me, mused in a fake sympathetic manner. I rolled my eyes and playfully punched her shoulder.

She just chuckled along with Dave.

I sighed again as the bottle spun and Clarice and Peter were chosen.

Then, Ansen and Mandie went it too. Lucky geek. Getting to spend 7 minutes with two beautiful girls in one night. Something he would never have been able to do.

Also, why is he getting all the luck when someone like me really needs it?

It kept going on like that until I was chosen to go in with Raine. No biggie.

I opened the door and we both went in. It was silent the first few minutes. Almost uncomfortable and awkward. But then she spoke up.

"Um.....so are-are you a-and...um.....Lea...secretly going out?"