Ch:36 Getting Updated

(Lea's P.O.V)

"The speed of the train was..." I glanced at the question. "Right...5 miles an hour....and the time taken was 2 hours less than the incoming rain, so...." I mumbled the problem, and solved it, writing quickly.

I sighed, leaning back in my chair and stared at the mound of books I still had to go through. I groaned and glanced at the clock.

4:26 PM.

Man, I'd been cooped up in my room since 9 in the morning after I went down to have breakfast and bring snacks with me for survival.

I scrubbed a hand over my face, feeling drained. I still had to go through Physics and the dreaded Chemistry too. And then there was that revision assignment sheet in English and the report in U.S History to turn in for extra credit by Wednesday.

And midterms from Monday the week after this. My Sunday sucked so far. But I'd been so distracted, I hadn't really studied, so I took today to catch up. And Math was doing me injustice.

See....I don't hate Math. I just don't get along with it. Makes sense, right?

I didn't wanna touch the subject ever again. I'm sure if someone talked to me now, I'd reply in the language of Quadratic Equations and Algebra and Trigonometry. Oh and Statistics.

I don't like any of them. I groaned and let my forehead fall against the books sprawled across my desk.

I needed a break.

I took out my phone and as I'd silenced it, I saw I had a missed call from my Mom that came at around 2 and a text from Sam.

Sam: How's the topper doing?

I smiled pathetically and quickly typed out a response.

Lea: Preparing to fail. T_T

It was so true. But I knew he was sorta checking in on me with what had happened yesterday.

Yesterday.

I narrowed my eyes. It was no coincidence that the car had sped straight towards me. I knew it meant to hurt me, or even kill. But my stalker sort of ruined his plans by getting me out of the way and now I'm even more confused about whether he is a friend or foe.

I dialed up my mom's number.

"Hey, mom."

"Lea! How are you?" Rachel Summers' voice greeted me. I smiled.

"Fine, mom. I was just studying. Sorry for not having picked up."

"Oh, it's fine, I understand. Tell me though, how's Westwood High?"

"Well, obviously it's high rated and the gym facilities are great. A few teachers are amazing too and the curriculum is a lot." I sighed. Now was the time to break the news to her. "But, of course, I miss my friends. I really miss Maple High and you guys. So....I was thinking that after mid terms are over and my one month trial of this scholarship is done, I wanna decline and come back to San Antonio and Maple High."

That was the plan. I would indeed get to go back but first, after this mission was over and this would be my cover to head back.

My mother didn't respond for a few seconds and I was worried if she would, then, "It's okay, Lea. I understand. We just hope you'll be happy."

"Thanks a lot, Mom." I thanked her for understanding. "So how's everything else?"

"Well, that reminds me, do you remember the Wades?"

I blinked and furrowed my brows a bit. "Um...yeah."

"Yeah so they're moving here. They'll reach by next month and they're gonna be like, two houses away! Isn't that great?" I cocked my head to the side.