Ch:21 New Girl

(Lea's P.O.V)

Today is Monday morning. 6:47 AM.

Yes, my first day at Westwood High. I would be lying if I say that I'm feeling alright. I'm going through a phase of tons of emotions filing in at the same time. I'm still trying to get over the very fact that I'd......killed Sam's dad. I....I should just go die in a hole or something. Or maybe kill the entire CIA who repeatedly tries to make my life miserable!

I sighed.

I wouldn't be attending the funeral since I was not in contact with Sam and not supposed to be aware of his father's death. Huh. Look at the irony, the killer has to act oblivious of her target's death. I was pretty much rotting in self pity yesterday after having thrown a tantrum at the headquarter. Only after talking to Demi and Emma over snap chat, did I feel a bit better. I'd cursed at the people at the base as well.

Even if I wasn't close to Mason, I knew that no one deserves to lose their father like that and, yeah sure, Sam wasn't much close either but after Angela's death, they were all each other had. And now..........that means Sam is.........an orphan? Was-was I the reason for that?

The thought made me almost stop breathing. I shook my head in an attempt to forget the nerve wrecking thoughts. I let out a shaky breath and licked my dry lips.

Dusting the black and red checked shirt over my white sleeveless tee, I nodded reassuringly to myself. I had matched it with blue denim jeans and my blue and white sneakers.

You can do this, Lea!

Yeah........not really but......let's forget that for now, shall we?

After I finished my breakfast which was two pancakes and a vanilla milkshake, I stood up from the table and exited the built in canteen of the hostel.

I again checked my phone to see if Scarlett had sent me the pic of my target. I'd been explained what I had to do. Seriously, the only reason I'm actually still here is that I am getting a chance to save a LOT of lives. Yes, they've given the entire responsibility to an emotional wreck of a teenage girl. What has the world come to?

"You."

"Shut up, Nikita!"

"You're the one who asked who the world had come to! So, I answered!"

I mentally rolled my eyes and made my way towards the school with my bag slung over one of my shoulders. The school looked great. Let's hope the students are as well. Which, I have a gut feeling, it won't be. The school looked quite high fi, so.....the kids going won't be anything less. Meaning............they're (Well, most of the) gonna be brats. Spoilt rich brats.

But, let's not judge a book by it's cover, right?

"But in this case, isn't it children being judged by the appearance of the school?"

Before I could come up with some answer, I was roughly pushed aside and a red blur passed by me. I furrowed my brows. Yeah..............I'm already having a bad feeling about all this. Plus, to make a good reputation here while being the new girl and leaving a part of my personality to achieve this mission? Impossible.

"SORRY!!"

A female voice apologized from a good distance and I looked up to see her vanishing figure. Okay, change of thoughts. I might have a chance.

Let's hope I can do fine.

Within a few minutes, I stood before the reception so I'd be able to get my schedule and books. I knocked a few times before a middle aged man opened the office door.