Ch:33 Hiking, huh?

(Sam's P.O.V)

Damn it.

I tried in vain to avert my eyes from Lea's hot figure as she continued hiking in front of me. She slightly panted with exertion as she hauled herself up and across a big ragged boulder that I now jumped over. Please gods.....someone tell her to stop panting like that...its giving me a lot of wrong ideas I know she will kill me for if she knows. I swallowed thickly. Damn that perfect ass.

No. No, she doesn't have a perfect ass. Stop being a pervert Sam!

'Technically trying to talk you out of perverted thoughts like those are my job but it seems you're trying yourself so...'

I gave my brain the bird. I hate it.

I rose my brows at her, "Out of shape?"

She gave me a narrow eyed look and I couldn't help but grin at her. I tried in vain to forget my embarrassing comment earlier. And the way her hands felt wrapped around my waist in the bike. Or the way my heart and a certain body part liked it too much when she turned seductive. Or the way how different and how...right every gesture felt.

Yeah. No good.

Still thinking bout it.

Dammit!

She exhaled and looked around. I tore my eyes away from her and did the same. I knew why she had stopped here. Why she was looking around.

When we used to come here as kids, this used to be one of our favourite spots. Sort of like this obstacle course, you know. Big boulders, jagged upscale trekking spots and lots of rock climbing too.

There were only ever four people besides me and Lea who knew and came to this place. I glanced at Lea who took a swig from her bottle.

Demi. Gary. Dave and....another guy I REALLY don't wanna think about now that I am sorta in his shoes and I know she and Aaron had bonded so much after our fallout in eighth grade and...yeah.

"I missed this a lot." I smiled at the brunette who was still looking around. She nodded slowly.

"Yeah. It wasn't the same with Demi and Aaron. This was....our place."

I sighed and gave her a small reassuring smile to which she gave a nod but it was still guilt ridden. We couldn't change what had happened any more than we could will the trees to start walking.

But.....

She had brought Aaron here? I felt a tug at the thought but I dismissed it quickly.

I changed the topic and nodded towards the path we had yet to cover.

"Let's keep going or we'll turn into toast before we reach our spot." Damn Texas heat.

I was rewarded with Lea chuckling.

"So you think you'll pass?"

I glared at Lea. "I may not top but I don't fail either." I pointed out and she gave me a poker face as she spread the sheet on the ground.

We had arrived at our destination. It was a small alcove in the mountain of sorts.

There was a lake in the middle about as big as half a basketball court filled with sparkling blue water and surrounded with rocks and grass. There were peonies and daffodils growing in different nooks and crannies.

There was a fair amount of trees and bushes here as well and when we were kids and used to come here, we always spent the day swimming in the lake or playing hide and seek and most importantly having Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches or tomato cucumber ones or whatever either of our parents decided we should eat. Obviously, it had to taste amazing.