Ch:25 Catching Up

(Lea's P.O.V)

"Here."

"Thanks."

I smiled gratefully at Sam who handed me my double scoop vanilla ice cream cup as he took a seat right next to me on the wooden bench in the park next to the shop. Also, the feeling of someone following me, keeping an eye on me seemed to have returned. But I pushed it back. I am Not gonna ruin this moment!

"You're welcome, Lee."

"Lee....?" I asked him with surprise. "You....remember....." I looked at my hands and away from him. Lee was his nickname for me when we were besties. I thought he might've forgotten but.......he hasn't.

'Awww!'

He gave me an uncertain smile.

"I mean...yeah. I guessed we were at least not....enemies anymore. Right?" He asked me with a glint of hope in his eyes that shone like blue sapphires with the setting sun striking his hair and eyes at an angle.

I let the smile show my happiness.

"Yeah." The words probably came out rusty cause I felt like breaking. This meant he'd forgiven me, right?

"So...you've forgiven me..............?"

"Course." He nodded and smiled as well. It was a truly heart warming smile. I do feel better.

'Yay! At least something good came out of you leaving.' Nikita sighed happily.

'Mhmmm...'

"You....cut your hair?" He asked me quite surprised with his eyes fixated on my cut hair. Anyone could see it wasn't a proper haircut so......I'm honestly getting tired of answering this question.

"A crazy girl at Westwood, Victoria.....well, we..........kinda hate each other...? Anyways, so she was cutting my hair to take revenge. Couldn't go further than this though." I tried answering in short.

His reaction was...........amusing.

First he simply looked at me with a blank look before letting out an 'Awwwwwwww!!' with disappointment and then starting to stifle his laughter.

I made a face. "What are you doing?!"

"So........you just couldn't stay without an enemy? You replaced me too soon." He wiped a fake tear from his eyes which made me snicker and a smile broke on my face. Then he continued, "And seems like she's two steps ahead of Allison, at least."

"Oh, Alli's much better." I shot back quickly with an impressed face. "As a matter of fact, there's no doubt Victoria's worse than any bitch I've met."

Sam rose a brow. "You just cursed. Meaning this girl's really the deal, eh?"

"Yeah, I suppose..."

He hummed in response as he sucked on his double chocolate magnum ice cream stick in his hand. I took a spoon as well. Feeling it melt in my mouth and send chills with it's cold but great vanilla fragrance. It felt as if my taste buds came alive before being sent back to being numb. You know that feeling?

"So, how has everyone been back home?"

At my question, Sam's mood seemed to have changed.

"Yeah, about that...."

"What?"

"Well, a lot's changed-"

"I was expecting that, of course."

"-for the worse." He finished and sighed. I looked at him and could almost feel the despair on his face.

"Everyone changed..........and..........my dad died too........."