Ch:13 Misunderstandings

(Lea's P.O.V)

"WHAT THE HELL!?!?"

Demi's voice interrupted our, what could've been, kiss. All very shockingly.

Both our bodies froze and eyes widened. My mind seemed to go bonkers and I looked around frantically just as Sam also started quickly getting off of me.

After a lot of stumbling and falling in panic, both of us stood in front of the 3 in silence but guilt somehow managing to seep in.

We were standing as if we were getting scolded by our parents or teachers. But it was actually way worse. It was my friends and his 12 year old sister. Great! (Please note the sarcasm)

"You could've told us that you guys were dating in secret." Demi made an offended face. "We wouldn't tell on you." But surprise and shock was evident.

I rolled my eyes. As if! She knew, but gods be cursed if she wasn't secretly pining for us. And damn..she knew just enough about our history but her acting skills were amazing! I'll have to thank her later for acting this clueless. And then kick her ass for enjoying the hell out if it.

"N-" Both me and Sam started but Emma put up a hand to stop us. Why it worked when it definitely shouldn't have, I don't know.

"Seriously, you guys, it's pointless! We saw it! If we hadn't come and ruined your moment, you would've kissed! Kissed!!!!"

Emma was rolling her eyes and giving us a disgusted face to which I rolled my eyes as well while Sam snickered. It's difficult to understand whether they are angry or preposterous or over exaggerating or simply enjoying this.

Sneering, I retorted, "You guys are misunderstanding." I steeled my nerves.

"And also exaggerating." Sam added with an eye roll.

I nodded in agreement.

Well, at least for once we agree.

"It's kinda cool and obvious that you both like each other." Hannah's comment made us all turn to her, confused.

When she saw our reactions she shrugged.

"I'm 12, I understand such stuff now. And I can join the puzzle pieces." She explained but no one understood. She let out an exasperated breath.

"You both were so close back when I was 8 or something....!!!"

That caught both of us off-guard.

Well, Emma and Demi rose a brow and have me suspicions looks. Demi...she's being a bit too good.

A look of surprise and sadness crossed my face. I looked at Sam who's expression, once again, was unreadable. Yet, I could somehow make something along the lines of sadness and regret flash through his eyes. I nodded my head to myself and forced a smile.

"Um....no, Hannah, we were just friends and we weren't that close!"

I made a careless face to which she gave me a blank and then a dissatisfied look . I gave a nervous laugh.

Demi snorted.

"You guys were close!?" Emma asked.

"No, no." Sam argued back. "Don't get the wrong idea here, guys." Sam tried to explain. He looked rather nervous, which was surprising.

"No, you guys were very close." Hannah continued to insist which earned her a regretful look from me.

"Okay...that's new. You guys were what? Best friends?" Emma sneered and I froze for a mere second.