Chapter 5

“Congratulations girl. Congratulations Liam. Take care of our friend, she’s a bit bitchy but she’s fine.” Masayang bumati ang mga kaibigan ko ng maglibot na kami ni Liam sa reception.

Everyone is so jolly, we looked like we’re happy too, but deep inside, we know what’s really going on. Liam didn’t talk to me. He just smiled at my friends at naglakad na papunta sa mga kabarkada niya naman without even glancing my way. Hindi ito napansin ng mga nasa table, except for his sisters and my cousin. I just smiled at them nicely, I don’t want to cry. Sinundan ko siya sa kabilang table, nakaupo na siya doon at nakikipag-inuman na sa mga kabarkada niya at katabi niya si Tatiana. He seemed so relax when he’s with them so instead of approaching them, I decided to greet the other guests.

I was busying myself with the guests when I heard a little commotion in their table. When I glanced back at them, I saw ate Lindsy being held by kuya Franco, her husband, and Laila. She is looking angrily at Liam who is being stopped by Tatiana. I even heard whisperings of the guests, asking themselves what’s going on. Buti na lang talaga at di na kami nagpapasok pa ng mga taga media dito sa reception. We let the organizers have their own cameramen to capture the moments.

I excused myself from the crowd of some business partners ng parents ko.

“I’m enjoying ate. This is what I should do right? Enjoy my wedding day.” Liam sarcastically answered his sister.

“The fuck Liam, don’t do bullshits.” Ate Lindsy hissed at him. Hindi ito masyadong maririnig sa kabilang table.

“And you, ang kapal ng mukha mong umattend dito, you’re the other woman involved and you’re bragging it into the public.” Ate Lindsy directed towards Tatiana who just look at her with her bitchy face.

“Stop it, ate. You’re making a scene. Imbis na ako ang pinagsasabihan mo kanina, ikaw na yata ang nag-aamok ng away diyan. Ikaw na yata ang magpapahiya sa atin.” Ate Lindsy got angry even more. Liam saw me approaching, he smiled wickedly. Halata nang lasing na siya.

“Oh, here comes the bride. Enjoying the fucki-“ Liam didn’t have the time to finish what he is going to say dahil lumagapak na sa pisngi niya ang sampal ni Laila. I never expected Laila to slap him, she is the closest to his kuya. For a short span of time, I observed that she is only the one who can trashtalk Tatiana without being reprimanded by Liam. Siya lang din ang nakakapagpakalma kay Liam whenever there will be heated arguments between him and their parents.

“If you want to trashtalk, trashtalk anyone. Trashtalk me, our parents, ate Lindsy, your friends, or that bitch beside you. But never ate Reese nor her parents nor her friends. You don’t have the rights too.” Magsasalita pa sana si Laila pero hinawakan ko na siya agad. The guests stood up from their table. Even Liam’s friends who tried to stop them a while ago was left dumbfounded.

“Laila, enough. Ate Lind, let’s just go to our suite first.” I calmly guided them away form the table, nakalapit na din ang mga parents namin. Dad is already at the stage, giving his apologies to the guests who got disturbed.

When we were already at the hotel room, I tried to calm them down but they didn’t.

“That asshole, he had the nerves to be with that woman in your wedding day! He is not like that. He values our family so much.” Ate Lindsy spat angrily. Kuya Franco stayed in the hall to intertain the guests. I gave her water because I’m afraid that something bad might happen to her and the baby. Kumalma naman si ate Lindsy ilang saglit.

“Hey baby, calm down please. Stop crying.” Ate Lindsy carress Laila’s back. I approached them and I hugged Laila, she’s crying so hard.

“I love him but he is not the kuya Liam I used to know. What did that bitch do to him.” Laila was crying so hard when the door of the room opened. Napabaling kaming lahat doon, it’s kuya Franco together with Liam. Kuya Franco immediately go to ate Lindsy’s side when she stood up and stormed out of the room. Nagmadaling lumapit si Liam sa amin ni Laila, na di pa nakakapansing may pumasok dahil sa sobrang iyak niya.

“Hey Lai, baby. Kuya’s sorry. Stop-“

“I hate you! I hate you! Don’t touch me! Don’t talk to me!” Laila stormed out of the room and I heard Tita Lisa following her. Ang papasok sana na si Tito Anton ay sumunod na rin. Tumayo ako sa pagkakaupo ng magsalita siya.

“You happy now? My sisters hate me. My family hate me.” I look at him shocked. Is this what he thought I wanted?

“Parang hindi lang pera ko ang makukuha mo, pati yata pamilya ko.” Tumulo ang mga luhang kanina ko pa pinipigilan. Money? Why would I want that. We had enough of our own. I wanted to talk pero walang lumalabas na salita sa bibig ko. I am so mad. Not to him or to anyone, but to my self. I was given a chance a while ago to run away from this mess but I choose to stay dahil ayaw kong maipahiya ang mga pamilya namin. Ayaw kong maipahiya siya. But then, I am still wrong pala. Hindi ko nga ipinahiya ang pamilya namin but he did. Not just our families, not just himself but most especially, me. Napahiya ako kanina dahil sa inasal niya, napahiya pa ako ngayon sa sarili ko dahil inakala kong tama ang desisyon ko pero ‘yon pala, hindi. Kahit pala talaga anong gawin mong tama, there will always be someone who will see that as a negative move.