Chapter 7

When he walked out of the room, I stood up and headed to the dining table.

“Let’s eat?” he just nodded and then sat in the chair in front of me.
We ate silently. No one dared to talked. My phone is connected to the internet and so when someone called through messenger, tumunog ito. I looked at him para sana magpaalam na sasagutin ko ito, I know it’s rude to just stood up and answer it when we’re eating.

“It can wait. I don’t like it when someone’s using phone during meals.” I just obliged to him and so we continued eating our lunch. Nang matapos kami ay nagligpit na agad ako ng pinagkainan namin. He is still sitting, drinking his water. When my phone rang again, he stood up and get it. I thought he will give it to me but he didn’t, he answered it instead.

“Lai-“ I heard Laila refusing to talk to him, giving the phone to ate Lindsy. I saw the guilt and the pain in Liam’s eyes.

“Where’s Reese, Liam?” I heard ate Lindsy asked. They’re having a video call. Naglakad palapit sa akin si Liam. Malapit na akong matapos sa paghuhugas dahil iilan lang naman ang nagamit namin.

“Hi ate, how are you?” I smiled. She looked so surprise and she even looked to what I am doing.

“You know how to do the dishes?” She look so surprise. I just chuckled at her remarks. I even saw Laila in the camera but when she saw that her kuya is still the one holding my phone, she disappeared again.

After a minute of talking, they bid their goodbyes already.

Inilahad agad ni Liam ang phone ko sa akin. I received it and went out to the balcony. I heard him talking to someone in his phone before he entered the room. Imbis na matulog sa loob, napagpasyahan ko na lang na manatili muna sa labas ng balcony. Mahangin dito at may isang parang sofa bed na naka latag sa sulok. Kitang kita ang ganda ng dagat mula dito kaya’t napagpasyahan kong manatili doon. Hindi ko namalayan ang oras, after taking some photos and posting it on my stories, nakatulog pala ako. The sun already set, medyo madilim na. I decided to enter the villa and expected Liam in the living room pero wala. Baka nasa loob na kwarto kaya’t dahan-dahan ko itong binuksan, being careful for I might wake him up kung natutulog man siya but still no one is inside.

ashgozon: So they really met. Namumuro na talaga yang asawa mo ha. Nakakainis na.

reesemargareth: Why?

ashgozon: Where is he?

reesemargareth: I don’t know. I was taking a nap and then when I woke up wala na siya dito sa villa. Maybe he is already at the restaurant, may reservation kami doon ngayon eh.

ashgozon: Oh fuck, don’t go there.

I look at my watch and it’s almost 6. Sa nakita kong itinerary na inihanda nina mommy, may reservation kami sa restaurant ng resort ngayon. Instead of replying to Ash, I hurriedly ready myself dahil baka malate na ako. I called the resort to send someone who can pick me up. I just wear a simple flowing dress na hanggang sa taas lang ng tuhod ko and then flat sandals. Nang dumating na ang sundo ko ay lumabas na agad ako.

“Good evening, ma’am. Any reservation?” the waitress greeted me.

“A reservation under Mr. and Mrs. Suarez.” I smiled at her. She looked so confused and she looked at the receptionist of the restaurant.

“May we know who you are ma’am? It is our protocol to ask first if someone claims a reservation that is already claimed.” The receptionist smiled shyly. Parang nagdadalawang-isip pa siya kung sasabihin niya ito.

“Already claimed? You mean, someone is already here for the reservation?” the receptionist and the waitress look at each other.

“Yes ma’am. Mr. and Mrs. Suarez is already here, just a moment ago.” I looked at them in disbelief but I did not talk.

“Did they arrived here together?” I still asked, irritation slowly crept inside of me. Tiningnan nila ako ng parang naaawa. I smiled at them to assure them that I’m fine.

“You are Mrs. Suarez, ma’am right?” the receptionist asked. I smiled at her and the turn my back at them. Ready to go out.

“I’m sorry ma’am but they did not arrive here together. Mr. Suarez arrived first, then the lady followed and when we asked her about her reservation, she said it’s under Mr. and Mrs. Suarez, so we assumed. Oh we’re very sorry ma’am, maybe you know the lady. We can guide you to them ma’am, maybe they’re waiting for you.” Natataranta na ang receptionist kung ano ang gagawin. I smiled at her.

“I just want to ask if you know the lady’s name.”

“Tatiana, ma’am. She just told us that she is Tatiana.” The waitress said. I just nodded and the goes out of the restaurant. I decided to go back to the villa. I packed my things again. I can’t stay here. Masyado na akong napapahiya. I know later may lalabas na namang mga news na nagsama nga silang dalawa and I am not mistaken. As if on cue, a news article popped up in my notification.

THE FAMOUS COUPLE, SPOTTED TOGETHER IN MALDIVES.

May picture sa baba, Liam and Tat having their meal at the restaurant. Though the girl is facing her back at the camera, hindi maipagkakailang hindi ako ‘yon. My hair is long, and the girl in the picture has a shorter hair.

ARE THEY CHEATING? OR IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT THE MARRIAGE IS JUST A FAMILY THING? WHEN WILL WE HEAR FROM THE GOZON PRINCESS? IS SHE SILENT BECAUSE SHE DON’T CARE? OR IS SHE SILENT BECAUSE SHE IS ASHAMED?

ashgozon: Stop reading those articles.

reesemargareth: I’m going home.

But instead of booking a flight to the Philippines, I booked a flight to New York. It’s already 8 PM. I am lucky na may flight available bound to New York pa. 10 PM pa ang flight kaya’t dalidali akong nagligpit ng mga gamit ko. I did not bother to check if may naiwan ba dahil nagmamadali na talaga ako. I just checked if all my important belongings are there in my bag and then I head off.

I arrived at the airport just in time. I checked in and stayed at the departure area for a while. When I realized what I just did, my tears started falling.

Naaawa ako sa sarili ko. Bakit ako palagi ang naiipit? I am just a casualty of this mess. I know I am wrong in marrying someone I barely know and that has a relationship with another woman. I’m a relationship wrecker, yes I am but bakit hindi rin nila sisihin si Liam? Pwede namang di rin siya pumayag ah. Bakit ako lang ang may mali? In the first place. He should have declined it dahil siya ang may girlfriend.

After an 18 hours and 30 minutes flight from Maldives to New York, I checked in Holiday Inn Express, it is a five-star hotel nearest to the airport. I know na matitrace ni dad kung nasaan ako dahil ginamit ko ang cards ko. Pero alam ko rin na di na niya ako pagagalitan. Since it’s almost midnight when I arrived, I sleep immediately. I came here because I want to have a rest. A rest from all these chaos, nakakapagod na.
After almost a month of staying and cutting all my connections even to my family, I decided to go home. Yes, hindi ako nakigpagcontact sa kanila. Though I posted pictures in my IG account, I turned off chats and disabled comments for my posts. After I informed my parents that I’m here, they did not bother to contact me anymore as per my request. Dad even added a huge amount of money to my cards.

I shopped, go to the beach and indulged myself in every possible way that I can enjoy.

Wala akong nabasang kahit ano na mga issues dahil I logged out my e-mail na nagdadirect ng mga news sa akin.

Nasa plane pa lang ako ay nagtanggal na ako ng suot kong scarf at trench coat, leaving my sleeveless top and high-waist jeans. I wear my aviators on and walked out of the airport after getting my luggages. I saw Ash waving at me outside.