survival show (episode 8)

A/N: Heartbreaking chapter, but hopefully it will get happier from here ;)

After looking around in awe at all the people who showed up to the event, you do your group introduction with your members before introducing yourselves individually. You're standing in a line between Jisung and Changbin, facing the cameras and the crowd.

While Jisung is talking, you hear Changbin telling Chan that he can see 2PM's Jun.K near the front of the crowd to the left. You look in that direction, recognising him and the second mystery listener who's with him - Black Eyed Pilseung's Rado. You freeze for a moment at the realisation. Reminding yourself that this is still a mission, you try to keep your composure and focus on doing well in the performances.

First up is Hellevator. You hear people shouting words of encouragement to your team as you get into your starting positions for the song, you and Seungmin standing up in the centre since the two of you were doing the intro to the song.

The cheering makes you smile. This caused everyone to start screaming at your adorable dimples and eye smile, making you hide behind Seungmin from the shyness. Everyone laughed at your cute actions, before your team got ready to perform.

When the parts for Hellevator were being rearranged without Minho, you were given his rap in the second verse. It was originally Hyunjin's, but the boys wanted to use the opportunity to showcase your rapping skills since you hadn't previously been able to. So you now have the intro you share with Seungmin and the rap in the second verse, as well as the short high notes that you had in each of the choruses. It was upsetting to practice and perform without Minho, but you wanted to do his parts well in his honour.

When the song started you and Seungmin were stable with the intro, and you were able to do the choreography without any mistakes. Jeongin nailed his note in the chorus, and you couldn't contain your smile but quickly continued performing flawlessly.  You felt really bad for Changbin when his voice cracked soon after because you knew from experience how that felt. You made a mental note to comfort him after finishing the song. You also managed to complete your rap and your high notes without any major issues. Overall it was a good performance.

In the tent backstage, the four idols who came to watch the performance for JYP were shocked by your skills. They were all close to Chan so they obviously heard about the ace of the group, but had yet to see your skills for themselves. They were pleasantly surprised. You were the youngest member but you were really talented and matched well with the team.

You didn't realise that your mic had fallen until Chan leaned over to help you fix it after the song finished, so you quickly sorted it while returning to the line formation with your members. You noticed during the performance that Chan's vocals sounded quite hectic so you decided to quietly mention it to him as he was helping you with your mic.

"Oppa, your vocals sounded very rushed in that performance. I know you're nervous but you're going to be fine okay. Just try to stay calm," you whisper to him with a comforting smile on your face, to which he responds with a grateful expression before taking a deep breath. You then walked back to Changbin and tried to make him laugh, because you knew he was probably dwelling on how his voice cracked in the performance.

Chan then spoke up about how the next performance would begin, and motioned for you to introduce the song. You laugh nervously, to which the people in the audience shout words of encouragement and gush at your cuteness. Your members all start screaming "wahhhhhhh it's our maknaeeeeeee" causing everybody to laugh at the group's adorable interactions.