Chapter 49: Dealing With The Hulk

49. Dealing With The Hulk

The throne room was empty as I threw the doors open and marched inside unthinkingly, just wanting to get away from them. I frowned, confused, and Peter chuckled from behind me.

“Loki will be with his army on the training fields - just outside of the city,” He explained, and I shrugged.

“Take us there.”

I saw the shadow hovering on the other side of the room before Tony and Peter did. Unhesitatingly, I leapt forward and grabbed the person around the throat, who growled angrily.

“Let me go!” Bruce Banner snarled, and his skin began to turn green.

“Knock him out!” Tony shouted, and I slammed Bruce against the stone wall with a twinge of regret, but Bruce just laughed at me.

I grabbed his curly-haired head and whacked it against the wall, now impatient, while Banner seemed unaffected.

“This usually works,” I frowned, slamming him against the wall once more for good measure before reluctantly releasing him.

Bruce wiped a bead of blood away from his nose as he stood up straight, and looked at me sarcastically as his skin returned to its normal hue.

“You can’t kill me or knock me out – he won’t let you,” He informed me.

“He?”

The other guy – ‘the Hulk’.”

“Oh.”

We stood there awkwardly for a moment, before I backed away until I was beside Tony again.

“So...” Tony said, sounding amused, and Banner’s eyes flicked to him.

“Hey, Stark.”

“Hey.”

“How’s it going?”

“I’ve been better. You?”

“Can’t complain, I suppose.”

“Wait, shouldn’t you be attacking us now?” I asked, a twinge of impatience in my voice, and Bruce looked amused.

“Well, I could but I’m not in the mood today.”

“Why? Aren’t you ‘always angry’?” Peter asked suddenly, and Bruce smiled.

“Yeah, but Loki told me not to get angry yet. He’s ‘saving’ me for later,” He rolled his unnaturally blue eyes.

“So ... is there any way to get rid of Loki’s mind control?” Tony asked casually, and Bruce shook his head.

“Not that I know of. But why would I want to get rid of his control? He’s shown me the answers to everything.”

“How do we change him back then if I can’t knock him out?” I hissed in a low voice, and Tony shrugged slightly.

“We need to get him to change. Then we can knock him out - he can’t stop us from doing it if he’s already in his big-green-monster form,” He replied quietly, and I nodded slightly.

“Got it.”

Peter had sharp hearing due to his weird spider genes, and his eyes flashed to me in acknowledgement before flicking back to Banner, who was watching us with a quietly content expression on his face.

There was high pitch noise as the energy built up in Stark’s gauntlets. His helmet had remained off after he had realised that it no longer worked back in the cell. He aimed and fired at Banner, who was blasted back into the wall. He stumbled to his feet a moment later, looking slightly hurt.