Little Speech

Chapter 30 

Tick tock

Tick tock

Tick tock

C'mon! 2 minutes! Just ring the bell already.

Just as he said, Bakugo didn't come back to class. None of us bothered asking but I've noticed how Deku-kun has been eyeing me since earlier. He must have some questions on why Bakugo-kun dragged me out, well I was expecting most of them to, but none bothered as I was lucky enough that class started almost as immediately.

The moment the bell rang, I stood from my seat and walked towards Deku-kun.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He was grinning at me. "Want to get out of here?"

"Yeah, that would be nice."

He stood from his seat and directed me towards the door. "Want to go somewhere today?" he said.

Blinking at him, I just nodded in response.

"I always wanted to try that new croquet stand that just opened next to the ice cream store we tried once." Grinning at me.

"That sounds perfect." Glancing sideways.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It took us quite some time to find the new croquet stand Deku-kun was talking about. We had a few turns and asked some people about it. After 20 minutes we were finally standing in front of it. It looked new, not just that it was built new, but the way it was constructed was really modern. It had those light wood minimalistic white walls in it, single bulb ceiling lights, high chairs that most of us short people dreaded to see, and even some black and white photography hanged on the wall. It looked like a café from first glance, until you see the menu at hand with pictures of different croquets on it. I grabbed the one with the most basic look. I mean, isn't the best way to judge a stall is from their most basic item? So I'll take my chances.

"Want to walk around?" Deku-kun said.

"Sure."

We walked around for a bit. It was easy to do so as I get distracted any time there was something interesting that caught my eye. It made me delay anything that just might be inevitable to happen today. The streets were crowded, and intimate places was a sure winner. Couples holding hands, friends on a get together, it was a nice sight to see.

"Got your chocolates by the way."

"Ah! Did you like them? Mina-chi and I took all night making them."

"Yeah, they were really good." Giving a gentle smile.

"Thanks."

Then all I heard was our footsteps once again and the sound of strangers all around us. It was deafening and calming at the same time. Suddenly Deku-kun walked a little faster and directed me on a park. It was simple, had a few available seat around it. He moved to one of the benches and tapped the seat beside him, getting the hint from it, I moved and sat next to him.

"Do you have something to tell me?"

"Wha- what makes you think that?"

"First, you've been shifting your glance to me once in a while and avoids it instantly when I look back, second, we kind of already talked."

"I don't' exactly avoid it, and who's-" I jumped out suddenly and clutched on the rail of the bench. Did he talk to Bakugo-kun already? For assurance, I slowly looked up to him and saw how he was just looking at the ground.