Chapter 71 pt.2

~Back in Konona~

"Isamu why isn't he waking up?!" Ino freaks out as she holds the unnamed raven haired baby in her arms, Isamu rolling his eyes in the background.

"Don't freak out so much, he's fine! He's just sleeping." Isamu reasons, shaking his head at the sight of the three month old snoozing in Ino's arms.

Ino can't help but fret a little at the boys sleepy nature, he whined and fussed last time she woke him up to have his food and quickly went back to dreamland after he was done.

She knew Haru was ridiculously attached to her sleep as well, damn, they really are mother and son huh Ino wondered to herself.

Peering down at the small doll like face of the sleeping baby, Ino can't help but gawk at how much the baby already looks like Sasuke.

If it weren't for the color of his bright red eyes, Ino would've assumed he was just a clone of Sasuke himself.

Ino takes a seat within the tattered remains of her flower shop (which has been luckily less damaged than the rest of the village) and ponders over her best friend.

She can't help but chuckle at the thought of their childhood years, how Ino would always scream about Sasukes good looks and Haru's face would sour in disapproval.

"You're too good for him Ino! He's mean and ugly!" Haru would reason restlessly, her hair up in a big bun during their countless sleepovers in which Ino would obsess over Sasuke and Haru would have her nose deep in her new book.

Ino swore up and down that she and Sasuke were meant for each other, however she knows now that it was a meaningless infatuation over Sasuke's looks, not real love towards him as a person.

Ino's shoulders suddenly slump in a degree of worry. She knows that she can't say the same for her friend Sakura.

Sakura, who also started out with a meaningless infatuation with Sasuke really did end up falling in love with him, resulting in bad decision making and the throwing away of her bond with Haru.

Ino's heart subtly hurt for Sakura, knowing that in her own way she really did love Sasuke, but she was no match to haru.

Ino doesn't think any of them were ever a match for Haru in Sasuke's eyes. She still remembers going to pre-school with the rest of the Konoha eleven.

Before the Uchiha clan incident, those two were constantly joint at the hip. She remembers watching them walk home together with held hands, she remembers Sasuke ignoring (quite literally everybody) who wasn't Haru for the sake of being able to talk to her more, the two of them were always so attached!

Then, when the Uchiha clan incident happened and the two drifted apart, the girls who had their silly crushes on Sasuke suddenly saw this as an opening.

In hindsight, it was ridiculous.

If Sasuke wouldnt give Haru the time of day what on earth made and of them think they were different? They had no chance with him, sadly, Sakura would never have a chance with him with Haru in the picture.

Ino was many things, but she wasn't stupid, she saw the way Sakura ate up any opportunity to be with Sasuke without Haru, she saw the way that Sakura would encourage the whole team to leave Haru behind for the sake of being with Sasuke, it sucked!