no54

KUNLE

"It has been how many days several days ago, since you guys talked." Akorede said as we both sat down on the bed pressing our phones. Funsho was in the kitchen checking on what we were cooking and it was just the right time to ask about Todun. In the absence of her now protective half-brother.

"It has been almost five days now. She has been avoiding me like a plague." I explained. Thinking about what happened some days ago. It has been five days since I asked Todun to be my girlfriend after taking many things into consideration and since then, she only replied with "I will be thinking about it and  I will give you my reply in due time." I felt as if I applied for a job and I am waiting to be employed. Sometimes the thought of her saying no to me has crossed my mind and the same thought has made me cringed. She was just different, she has been different from all other girls I have met. She has made me realise so many things and has also made me enjoy my stay in Nigeria. If only she will just give me her reply, and let us get this whole being afraid thing over with.

"You must learn to wait o, you know the girl is very meticulous, and most especially now that she shares blood ties with Funsho." He explained and I listened attentively.  "If you fuck up, he will fuck you up." He warned.

"I know and that it is why I have given it a deep thought." I replied focusing on the game I was playing as Funsho walked in. He must not catch us discussing his sister who he claims to be his younger sister all because he is one year older than her.

"Thank God you did." Akorede replied as we heard a knock on the door. My mind prayed it would be Todun as I rose up to open it but I came face to face with Remilekun, who looked fatter than before. She carried her bag and wore a nearly see through cloth.

"Good afternoon." She greeted me as she made her way to step into the room even before I stepped aside, and when I did she entered and walked straight ahead.

"Afternoon." I replied surprised. The scent of her perfume filled the room as I closed the door and heard her exchanged pleasantries with the guys. I sat down on the bed and took my phone, having made up my mind to message Todun for almost the third time on the same day.

"I am here to see you Kunle." She announced, making me raise my head and I dropped the phone.

"Me?" I asked placing my hand on my chest. I could not remember the last time we talked that has prompted her to come visit me.

"Yes you." She replied affirmatively.

"Okay, let us talk outside then." I said rising to my feet, with the impression that she might want a privacy, away from the guys.

"No, I want to talk here. We are all friends aren't we?" She asked looking at the boys and they shook their heads confirming and smirking like demons. What is she up to this time? I asked myself. She has been a thorn in my flesh, trying to develop a relationship when it it glaring I am not in for it.

"Are we fighting?" She said after a prolonged silence.

"No, we are not." I replied looking at the guys. I needed something to save me from her but they smiled the more, staring at us as if we were in a movie.

"Then why have you been ignoring my calls and not replying my text messages."  She asked teary eyes.

"Because I don't want to." I blurted and realized what I just said when tears flowed down her eyes. "There is no need for you to cry Remilekun. I just don't feel the same way you feel about me." I explained even when I was cocksure I owned her no explanation.

"And you think this is funny." She asked when she realised Akorede and Funsho who always said they are friends were laughing."

"It is, even if he happened to like you, you should not have made it so obvious. Some people have been ignoring him for days now just to prove a point." Akorede shot back and Funsho pushed him slightly.