10

This chapter is dedicated to Tomilola_Grace for her help.

                    ~KUNLE~

"You should call me for absolutely anything that you want, okay?"

"Okay Mum" I answered my Mum as she helped me arrange my bag.

"If there is any problem call me anytime, are you listening to me?," She asked me and I nodded my head in reply.

"Mum, he is no longer a child na." My sister said as she walked into the room with a package which she handed to me.

"He is my child o, I carried him in here for nine months." She said with her hands on her belly. I opened the package and brought out two new tee-shirts from it.

"Thank you Kemi." I stood up and hugged her.

"Kemi ke? You are still calling her by her name, right?" My Mum questioned me.

"Mumm..." I walked to her.

"Don't Mum mi o, infact if you don't plan on changing, don't call me. Go to school and come back in peace." She withdrew herself from me when I tried to embrace her.

"Mum, I am already calling her sister Kemi but that one that happened the other time was a slip of tongue." I sat on the bed.

"Better." She answered and sat beside me.

"Look at the two of you behaving like a couple. Let Daddy catch you." She churkled and pointed to the door at the sound of Dad's car.

Mum dropped the cloths she was holding on my laps and left the room while Kemi sat beside me.

"I am going to miss you, more than when you used to stay in the states." She slapped my shoulder.

"Really? How is the place I am going different from the states."

"The states is different o, the place is peaceful, you don't need to worry about a strike, neither do you have to worry about malaria or typhoid unlike here, where you will meet different people, you will worry about mosquito, you have to beware of fraudsters too and people who will want to take advantage of you most especially cultists." She sighed and stared at my smiling face. She slapped my shoulder too hard and I yelped out in pain.

"That's painful now..." I rubbed my shoulder and moved away from her.

"Did you know you sounded like Mum just now?" I asked her and continued rubbing my shoulder.

"Whatever, I am just telling my brother to be aware of horrible things." She moved closer to me and pulled me closer.

"Thank you sis, I have heard you. You should go to your room now so that you won't wake up late tomorrow." I pointed to the door.

"So you are telling me to leave. It's that a way to say goodbye to your sister?" She asked me and walked to the door.

"Not at all but I want to take my bath and I know you don't want to see anything." I told her playfully.

"As if I never bathed for you and I have seen you naked several times before." She hissed and closed the door.

***

After I and Akorede cleaned the room, leaving enough space for others to arrange their cloths, I arranged my clothes into the wardrobe and sat on the bed to join Akorede who was watching a movie on his laptop.

A knock on the door made me stand up and open the. A guy of about same build with me stared at me, his light skin shone and his wristwatch dazzled as the sun shone on it.

"Kunle right?" I nodded my head in assertion. "I am Oluwafunsho, Akorede must have told you about me." He said as I made way for him to enter the room and helped him with his things. I watched him fist bump Akorede and we all helped him to arrange his things.

"Oyinbo boy, I heard you came from the states." He said and beamed a smile at me.

"You heard right." I answered him remembering the manner in which he left plates and unspeakable things for me and Akorede to clean when we went to his hostel. I also imagined him doing same thing once he settles in.

"Bro, why do you seem so vexed like this? Do you know me before?" He asked me and tapped Akorede.

"Well Kunle here might be pissed because when we visited your hostel, you left your kitchen full of cockroaches and your water closet unflushed."Akorede told him and concentrated on what he was doing.

"Oh, sorry for that. I left the hostel in a hurry and I even had a plan to be around when you guys came but I got busy with somethings at home." He apologized.

"Okay we are cool." I said and took his outstretched hand.

"Which course?" Funsho asked me as we laid on the bed.

"Computer engineering and you?"

"Mechanical engineering, I guess I am the odd one out here." He scoffed "Since you and Akorede settled for the same course." He added.

I smiled and picked the call from my sister.

***

We all went to the school in my car with Akorede driving. I sat beside him and Funsho sat at The back seat with his laptop on his laps.

"How come I haven't seen any fine girl since we arrived?" Akorede asked as he honked to the car that overtook him.

"What about those ones you saw at the hospital?" I asked him in reply.

"Are those one fine girls, those ones looking like guys up and down." He said jokingly.

"There are pretty girls o, you will see many of them on campus and special ones at the freshers party." Funsho answered from the back.

"I will look forward to it." I answered him.

"Look at Oyinbo(white) boy looking forward to freshers party. Let your oyinbo girlfriend catch you." Funsho closed his laptop and sat up to touch my shoulder.

"We broke up." I said remembering what I had with Ruby.

"Too bad." He pouted playfully while Akorede smiled.

"There are better girls here, so many of them. I even have a friend who promised to come over later in the day. We are going to get you a girlfriend." He added

"Bros, I am not here for girls o. I am here for my books." I said and brushed his hand off my shoulder while he sat back in the chair.

"Books go dey, girls gan dem go dey." He said and we all burst into laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys thanks for reading to this stage, I really appreciate it.

Don't forget to tell me what you think about this chapter and don't forget to vote as well.

🥰❤️🥰❤️