18

This chapter is dedicated to all well meaning readers. Don't forget to "wow me with your comments and votes"(I can't even remember where I heard someone say that 😄). ENJOY❤️❤️❤️          

                     ~Kunle~

"I think I will take her from here." I said to the guy who was dragging her into the dark night that was only illuminated by the rays of light from the hall and those from the cars that were passing by.

I had gotten an invitation from a guy to attend the party at one of the most popular event centres in the heart of the town. The guy who I mentioned earlier happens to be my course mate, he seem to think we get along well because I decided to offer him a ride when he was running late for a lecture. "I know you are a guy o but guy beware of guys." Funsho had told me when he found out about the ride. I wasn't bothered by what he said because he would have said otherwise if it was a girl. He seem not to find girls as dangerous as guys. To him they are as calm as dove because he is able to manipulate them to the extent of dating three able bodied girls at once, without any of them suspecting it and when he breaks up with them they always come back begging.

I had earlier thought I wouldn't be able to go but later changed my mind when I realized it was a weekend and the enticing and exciting way Akorede was talking about the party. Funsho couldn't join us because he went to one of his babes hostel, doing the cassanova thing as usual.

We stepped into the hall that was filled up with different people from different places, majorly guys and girls of our age. The smell of alcohol in addition with different body sprays could almost make it nauseating. I looked around the place and the first person I made eye contact with was Todun. She immediately looked away from me and gulped down the content of her cup, I looked around her hoping to sight Remilekun somewhere but she was no where to be found and Nife, was sitting beside Todun dressed like a river goddess. I could see her pancaked eyes as she turned to wave to a guy who was walking towards the door.

What is she doing here? I asked myself remembering the several discussions I had with Remilekun who went on and on complaining about the way she behaves, especially about extra curricular activities."I wonder where that girl is from, she doesn't want to go to anywhere that doesn't have to do with studying. Could you believe she didn't want to attend the matric? I was even the one that gave her a gown." She will rant and I will laugh in reply, while telling her not to bother herself. I and Akorede, were both shown to a seat not very far from where Todun was seated, somewhere close enough for me to see everything that transpired on the table.

"You see someone you know?" Akorede asked me and uncorked  the bottle of  beer that was given to him and poured it into his cup. He took the first sip and smirked.

"Yes I do, she is Remilekun's friend?" I answered, uncorked my own bottle and  watched as she gulped down the content of what the guy seating beside her poured into her cup.

"You should try to mingle o."   The guy who invited me said to me. "Nigeria will not be fun if you don't mingle." The guy added as the girl who was sitting on his lap gave him an erotic lap dance and he held he waist in return. I watched Nife as she stood up to dance and then went back to the table and whispered something into Todun's ear before taking two bags off the table. Hand in hand, she followed a guy who had his trousers almost off his butt.

"You seem to have your eyes on that girl." Akorede said, diverting my attention.

"I don't under... Stand... What are you trying to say?" I stuttered.

"You can just easily go to her and stop acting up." He gave a low laugh.

"Nah, I just think she doesn't fit in here with the little interaction I have had with her." I tried waving off whatever Akorede was insinuating. " She seem too innocent for this kind of stuff, she isn't cut out for this." I added when she stood up and started dancing with the guy who I saw several times fill up her cup.