20

Sorry for the late update, read and enjoy.🥰

                            ~TODUN~

Hand in hand like school children, I and Funto retraced our steps back to the school gate and we chattered along side. Our topic was about  what Victor had said about Nife and my phone. We stopped intermittently as cars passed by and crowd of students walked hastily to their lecture rooms, almost pushing us off the road.

"Todun." I heard Kunle's voice scream my name. Does he have to do this when this place is this full? I asked myself as I and Funto turned back to have a good view of him.I haven't been able to appreciate him from protecting me from someone that would have given my life a terrible turn around. He was dressed in a native wear of buba and soro which was beautifully decorated at the chest. The same pattern of decoration was on the wrist of the buba as he waved to me. "Who is he?" Funto inquired.

"The guy who took me home that night." I said to her as we both walked back towards him and his car. Another guy was in the car and was tapping away on the laptop that was placed on his lap. He had an ear piece stuck  into his ear and didn't seem to notice that the car had been parked.

"Thanks so much for your help." I said as I got to him, I had forgotten to acknowledge his kind gesture since I was in a hurry to get home and at the same time angry at what he said that day, when it was so obvious that I wasn't trying to make myself acceptable to them, I was just being me.

"Just what I was waiting to hear." He replied with a smile plastered on his face. Another guy entered the car as we were talking and got down again to join us where we were standing.

"Hi ladies, you look beautiful." The guy complimented us and licked his lower lip.

"Thank you." I and Funto replied, looking away from him as soon as we replied.

"You look extremely beautiful and can you do me the pleasure of telling me your names." He asked with a smug, his palms rubbing each other and his shirt neatly ironed. He looked at us expectantly, expecting us to start with the self introduction as soon as possible.

"Funsho, not now." Kunle grumbled and tried ushering him into the car.

"If no be now when abeg? Ladies jare, gentle man dey wait." He said in pidgin and we all laughed. Funto nudged me from behind, making me look back at her worriedly then at the guys who were standing.

"Okay, I am Todun and my friend here is Funto, we are both students of English and Literary studies." I made the self introduction as short and as formal as possible.

"Todun." He pointed to me. "And Funto." He pointed to her. "Your names are beautiful, my sister bears Funto too you know, and I have a cousin that bears Todun."

"You say what?" The guy who was in the car whom I thought wasn't listening at all screamed but not loud enough to startle the whole school.

"Bro na, wetin I do you?" He asked him joking and Kunle laughed while I looked on not finding anything funny. I grasped Funto'a hand as a sign that we should get going and she withdrew her hand, not getting my message.

"I am Akorede, their friend who was in the car announced as he jammed the door and made his way to us. He wore a black tee-shirt and a blue crazy jeans that I knew so well that it wouldn't have been accepted if he trekked to school like I had done in the morning. Apart from not walking under the scorching sun or the dew in the morning, those who had cars were able to wear anything they wanted since they wouldn't be checked at the school gate.

"Look at this guys o, they hijacked the conversation just when I was owning it."  He glared at them playfully and they both opened the door of the car to enter.