17

Before we start today's journey, don't forget to wow me with your comments and likes. They don't bite!!!(😂🤣) 

This chapter is dedicated to _afrik_writer. Thanks for the love.

                       ~TODUN~

"You have to stop crying o. It is not the end of the world if he stops dating you." Tamilore said to Nife who was using her already wet handkerchief to wipe off her tears and to blow the mucus in her nose.

It had been a day since Nife almost pushed me to the floor. She came back later that evening looking drained of all energy. Today, she arrived from school and the first thing she did was to burst into tears complaining about Victor did this and did that. At the end of the day she broke the news in between tears that he broke up with her.

"Why is he doing this to me." She said in between tears and blew her nose again.

"Don't worry, I will call him and appeal to him." Remilekun moves closer to her. "Have you tried calling him?" She asked her.

"Yes I did, after I saw his message... He picked it the first time....But didn't say anything and after that, his phone has been switched off." She answered in between tears going through the previous processes of using her handkerchief.

"I will call him back to his senses. Don't worry ehn, stop crying." Remilekun moved closer to her and placed her head on her chest, making her cry the more, like someone who just lost her baby."

"Instead of you to tell her to leave the guy alone you want her to continue basking in the era of foolishness." Tamilore said to Remilekun.

"Do you have to rub it in. We should be trying to calm her down." I said in her defense and moved closer to her trying to touch her but she shrieked away and l pulled back, rubbing my hands against each other.

"Is she the one that broke up with you ni??" Tamilore asked her and burst into laughter "She was the one defending you less than a minute ago o." She added.

"Don't mind her jare." Remilekun picked her phone where she dropped it and called Victor's number. "His phone is switched of, maybe low battery." She sighed heavily and sat on the bed while I grabbed my school bag and left the room.

***
Sitting down on the bed in my room, I played the music on my phone louder than usual. The room was unusually quiet because of the absence of Remilekun and Tamilore. They had both gone to the house of a friend to keep the night although we were still in the evening. I stopped the music and dialled my Mum's which she picked after the third ring. We had a long discussion about our well being and how much we missed each other and thereafter, I  called Bose who informed me that preparation was on the top gear to marry her off to the Alhaji. She sobbed over the phone several times at how bad she was feeling, how she was willing to go back to school and how all of her efforts for a better life will go down the drain if she should be married to the man. I wiped a tear that was flowing down my eyes as I pacified her.

I wonder how some parents are so wicked, they seem not to give a dime about  their children. Just the same way the country doesn't care about its citizens and sees them as an object to be tossed around. I remembered the day I was unable to get a cab in school because of the meeting the drivers association was holding, only to find out that the reason for the meeting was for  increase in the amount of transport fare because of the increase in fuel price.

I stamped my leg on the floor in realisation of what that meant, I will be required to spend more than the usual. I checked my account balance and heaved a sigh of relief when I found out I still had enough money to see me through the remaining part of the month. I went into the kitchen to meet Nife who was busy on a phone call, I wonder why she couldn't receive the call in the room. I served myself rice from the pot and went into the room to eat it and after eating I returned the plate to the kitchen and laid on the bed.