23

This chapter is dedicated to Dorofine.

                      ~KUNLE~

Remilekun held my hand and talked incessantly as Akorede sat up from the bed to make more room for us to sit. She commented on how good I looked in a red tee-shirt and chuckled when I commented on her hair do. She filled me in about an issue we were discussing before she travelled, while I tried so hard to hide  how much I was startled by discovering her in the room while I was with Todun earlier.

"I thought you said you were coming back on Monday." I said looking at Akorede who still had the smirk on his face before standing up and entered the kitchen.

"I changed my mind since there was nothing much to do at home."  She touched my head and showed me the red thread she took away from it before throwing it away.

"Oh okay, that's nice." I answered her and stood up to ease myself at the bathroom and heaved a sigh of relief as I used cold water to wash my face. Good thing Todun refused to follow me home earlier because I had asked her to let me take something at my hostel before dropping her at her friend's place. I used a towel to dab my face before going back to the room to meet Remilekun engrossed with the movie she was watching on Akorede's laptop. She laid down on her belly and swung her legs in the air, clasping her hands together and laughing whenever any of the characters did anything funny. I could hear kitchen utensils clinking in the kitchen, a sign that Akorede has decided to make some food.

"What about your friends, you came together right? I asked her, pulling off my tee-shirt so that I could change into something new. She looked at me and turned away instantly when she realised what I was doing. "Yes we all did, but I just thought I should see you before we start a busy week. She paused. "And about the party, you already know that you are invited, strictly by invitation." She emphasised on the word strictly and tapped on the laptop while I walked to the kitchen to join Akorede. He had already finished cooking rice and was already warming the stew when I got there. I grabbed three plates from the plate stand and arranged it on the cabinet waiting for him to serve the food.

"Look at this boy o, now you want to eat but you won't want to cook." Akorede said and pointed the ladle to me. "You and Funsho went out earlier as if you were not hungry. You think you have seen errand boy." He added and hissed playfully. He switched off the gas cooker and hummed songs as he served the plates.

"Who does this belong to?" I inquired pointing to a plate that was half served. "You my dear boy." His voice boomed like a father talking to his son. "You didn't do anything, so you deserve less and mind you, I am only giving you this little because of her." He added and pointed to the room, acting like a lady. This guy has to go into acting, I thought and chuckled. "You know I went to school because I need that book for the assignment."

"Who are you deceiving, abi that is how much you love books?" He laughed and I twitched my face. I used my hand to cross my lips so that he won't say anything that will make Remilekun suspicious.

Carrying two plates, one for me and the other one for Remilekun, I placed them on the floor and went back to take sachets of water for both of us to drink. I sat on the tiled floor carefully and had my meal whole I invited her to join me.  By the time we were done eating, the sun had already gone back to it's resting place, we could already hear the chirping of birds in their nest and the lights generated from generators lighted up the night in different locations.

"Ouch." I heard Remilekun squealed in pain when she sat down on the seat beside me. I had to persuade her to allow me take her home when I realized her reluctance to leave.