46

Something nice to spice up your weekend.🥰🤗

KUNLE

It has been days since Todun left in company of her parents and Funsho. I sat on the chair placed beside my bed, with my laptop on my lap. A song that was being played by my mp3 hummed at the background. Sun rays reflected on the wall and added glamour to the colour of the room.

Staying at home without the presence of Todun has been really boring. My mind, body and soul yearned to see her every moment but I knew I had to calm down because of all the hurdles she had ahead of her. I remembered Funsho's reaction when I told him about Todun being his sister. I had felt so bad about keeping it a secret from him knowing fully well about how he was anxious to find them, but I had no choice because Todun and her mum didn't want to make hasty decisions.

"Are you really sure about this?" He asked me several times as soon as I broke the news to him, so that he would not get the wrong impression about her presence in our house. He immediately blurted that he wished she wasn't his half sister because his mum was going to give her and her mother a hell of a problem and that might ruin the little friendship he had with her.

Kemi hasn't been staying at home that much too, she is always eager to go to work and it makes me wonder if she had forgotten that she wasn't getting any younger. Fine, it is a nice idea to be a working class lady and all, but she barely has time to spend for herself. The only time I saw her go on a date or talk about a date was one of those few days after my arrival.

"Knock, knock." I heard her voice accompanied by several knocks on the door. I thought she left for work earlier, I muttered tapping on the keyboard.

"Come in." I replied and placed the laptop that was on my lap on the bed. "I thought you went to work already?" I asked her as soon as she sat on the bed and heaved a deep breath.

"I thought you went to work?" I asked again.

"Heyy... Are you chasing me off to work? I only went for an early morning jogging and I had a stop over at my friend's house." She explained.

"Okay, that is nice. It has even been a long time I visited the gym too." I said, remembering the last time I visited a gymnasium was the first week of my arrival from school.

"You can go with me during the weekend, I have a friend at one of those gyms before the T-junction, he should be of help."

"Okay."

"How is Todun doing?" She asked me pulling off her  black face cap and her hair came cascading on her shoulder.

"She is managing and waiting for the results of the DNA test." I replied and watched her pull off her t-shirt leaving her in a yellow tank top.

"Managing, DNA test?"

"Yes, Funsho's mother is giving her and her mother a hard time, she didn't even allow them to enter the house and the DNA test is to prove her real paternity" I explained.

"See explanation o, as if I don't know the meaning of DNA." She shoved my hand aside. "Anyway, I knew that will happen. She has enough reason to stop them from entering but I know Todun is also a very strong girl. She will pull through." She explained and I grinned. I knew Todun was a strong girl that could conquer anything, everything and I inclusive.

"What about you and her?"

"I and her as in?" I asked not very sure of what she meant.

"Don't tell me you are still in the friend zone?" She asked me laughing. "You better shoot your shot before someone else does and sweeps her off her feet." She advised.