14

This chapter is dedicated to Glammy_ and EzeenO. Thank you for reading this, I really appreciate it.          

                       ~TODUN~

"Mum won't be able to make it for my matric. She has a meeting to attend, but she will send the chauffeur to attend to my needs. Isn't that painful...?" Remilekun grumbled into her phone.

She had been on that particular phone call since about thirty minutes ago. Sometimes she makes me wonder if she is an ambassador to one of the service providers. She talks for long hours and sometimes long into the night. The blaring of her ringing tone is not a strange thing to my ear again. I even find myself humming along to the sound before she picks it up sometimes or the ones she has decided not to pick.

I grasped the broom tight when I remembered that the matriculation was in two days time and I had  nothing decent to wear. The money I had on me wasn't enough to buy a dress and I didn't want to disturb my Mum.

My Mum had made sure she called me everyday and everytime, she updated me about her welfare and her visit to the hospital once in a while. I had informed her about the matric and I have also told her  not to stress herself by coming.

"Kunle now, why would you tell your Mum  not to come while I am here praying that my Mum will have a change of mind." She whined.

At the mention of the name Kunle, I remembered the guy who drove me home the other day. He had that American accent that made my stomach flutter. I had not seen him after that day to appreciate him for his help. Although he asked for my number, I didn't give it to him then because he was a total stranger and I didn't want to pull out my phone that would have gone into extinction in his circle.

I parked the dirt I had swept together and went outside to dump them. By the time I got back to the room, Tamilore was already awake. She got down from her bunk and waved to me before going to the bathroom to ease herself.

"Is Nife back?" She asked me when she got out from the bathroom and sat on my bed. We have started to talk a few days ago after we almost beat up each other.

"Not at all." I answered her and raised my leg to the bed.

"So what are you guys wearing for the matric?" Remilekun who was already done with her phone call got down from her bunk and stood before us.

"I have this black gown my Mum got for me from US in her last visit. I haven't even worn it once." Tamilore answered her and stood up. She went to her box, unzipped it and pulled out a beautiful black gown. She pulled off the small gown she had on and wore the new one. The gown hung tightly to her body and a slit by the left side of the gown ran down from her kneel.

She pulled out a box from her leather box and from it she took out a pair of sliver coloured high heeled shoe and strapped it to her legs. She walked around the room and waved her hand as if she was doing a pageantry show, with a smile plastered on her face.

"You look beautiful even without any touch of makeup yet." I complimented her.

"I love that gown." Remilekun added.

"Thank you." She smiled and started taking off the cloth.

"What about yours Remilekun?" Tamilore asked as she sat down on the bed and unstrapped her shoe.

"Mum will send my own tomorrow through the chauffeur." She replied and faced me.

"What about you." The smile on my face disappeared and I looked behind me.