15

This chapter is dedicated to you, my dear readers for making us clock 1k reads. Continue to comment, vote and share. 🤩🥰❤️     

                  ~KUNLE~

Matriculants like myself walked around the school in high spirits and flaunted their matric gowns to the delight of their parents and well wishers.

"They have taken up all the parking spaces sha." Funsho who was behind the wheels announced to me and Akorede. They were both seated at the front, while I was at the back seat scrolling through my phone and trying to get in contact with my Mum who already called me earlier that she was already in school.

She and my sister had arrived the previous day and they kept the night in a hotel. I dialed my sister's number and watched as Funsho parked the car in an empty space. I picked my green gown and cap and alighted the car with the other two trying to adjust their ties.

"Have you asked her where she is?" Akorede asked me and tried adjusting his matric gown.

"No I haven't, she isn't picking her call." I turned to the car and used it's tinted glass to check if my collar and tie were in the right places. After calling her several times without any answer, I and the guys walked to the hall where the event was to take place.

"That should be your Mum over there." Funsho tapped me and pointed to my Mum among the crowd. He had seen her picture several times and must have known her by the way she was signalling to me and most of all, my sister whom I sometimes think he has a crush on was beside her. "And your almighty sister." He added sarcastically. I walked towards Mum and Kemi and I signalled to them to go inside without me and help me to keep a sitting space.

"Olakunle mi." My Mum beamed a smile and drew me into a bone crushing hug as if I was a kid. "You are looking handsome, just like your dad." I smiled in reply and drew my sister into a hug.

"Bros stop that abeg, I am not your long lost girlfriend." She reciprocated the hug all the same and poked me with her finger.

"That hurts." I winced in feigned pain and she used her bag to hit me.

"Just the effect I wanted to get, congrats." She hugged me again and we both followed my Mum who walked towards the hall. I left them and entered the hall since it was only matriculants that were allowed inside because of insufficient sitting space.

After the VC read his speech and we the students read the oaths, we all left the hall feeling fulfilled. I am now a certified student, I thought and pulled my phone. I called my Mum and she was quick to answer the phone and told me where she parked her car.

Seating comfortably in the driver's seat and Akorede and Funsho in the passengers seat at the back, I led the way to our hostel with my sister and Mum in the car behind. Mum had insisted earlier that she must know my hostel so I cancelled the appointment I had with Remilekun, a girl Funsho had introduced to me over the phone. I and Remilekun had talked through phone on several occasions and I haven't had any time to meet her due to overbearing lectures.

"You have a nice room." My Mum walked into our room while my sister closely walked behind her carrying sacks containing already prepared food in her hands. "Thank you ma." Both Akorede and Funsho said at the same time and bent their heads.

Mum knew Akorede and infact knew her parents and I introduced Funsho to her earlier when we went to meet after we left the hall.

"Kemi place the bag there" My Mum pointed to the table and took her sit on the plastic chair. She kicked off her shoe and stretched her legs. She pulled the sacks closer to herself and took the coolers out of them. She took out plates from the other sack and proceeded to serve the food.