Chapter 53

"I'm so done with him!" Alexa shouted as she paced across her room.

"Calm down, Alex," Lia told her.

"Calm down? Didn't you see what he did?" Alexa glared at her.

"It's just a misunderstanding," Conner tried to pacify her.

"A what? Fine, I may have misunderstood once but this is the third time he gave me a cold shoulder," She shouted, "oh wait, that was not just a cold shoulder, he literally pushed me away like I'm some sort of a plaque," She corrected.

"It's nothing like that," Lia tried to defend her brother.

"Don't try to defend him. It's as clear as the day, he is ignoring me, clearly, frankly, bluntly." She stated. "Is he getting his revenge on me, now that I've fallen for him?" She stopped for a moment and looked at her friends.

"Oh come on, why would he? After all these years, when he's finally got you, why would he ruin it all by himself?" Lia let out an exasperated sigh. "You're overthinking Alex, just talk to him," She suggested.

"Even I don't think he's that type of man, come on Alex, he cares for you deeply," Conner supported.

"Then what is he doing and why is he doing this?" Alexa heaved a defeated sigh as she sat down on the floor, 'Why would you do this to me? Why? And when we spoke you were inside the meeting house so how come you were outside, the next minute?'

"Argh! My head is going in circles," Alexa whined pulling her hair.

"Alex, Alex, Calm down, hmm?" Lia and Conner grabbed her hands, "Just talk to him hmm?"

"How can I talk to him when he's ignoring me like that?" Alexa heaved a deep sigh.

"He's not ignoring you, maybe he is just busy, you know, Tyler's been busy too, I can no longer see him around as I please, so just think, Reagan is The Alpha King, he probably has more works, he has more responsibilities."

"Look, I'm not complaining about him being busy," Alexa rolled her eyes, "this is something different, I can't wrap my head around the things as they're going on," She clicked her tongue in frustration, "but yeah, as you guys said, I'm going to talk to him, I'll not let him off without a proper confrontation," Alexa looked on determinedly.

***

Alexa directly entered the meeting house and barged inside the meeting room, as soon as she opened the door, all eyes stopped on her, "I'm really sorry to disturb, but Adira," She bowed to her ancestor, "and everyone," She addressed them, "would you mind if I could borrow your Alpha King for a minute?" Her eyes then stopped at her man.

Reagan was astonished, he blinked at her.

"Sure, we don't mind at all," Adira smiled slyly.

"Reagan," Alexa gestured him to come out.

Tyler and Kevin whistled from behind, Reagan gave them a firm look before exiting the room.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Reagan asked with a worried expression on his face.

"Nope, I'm not okay," She shook her head.

"Did you get hurt somewhere?" He held her hands and checked for any injuries.

"I'm not injured," She shook her head.

He then cupped her cheeks, "what's wrong then?" He looked into her eyes.

Her anger vanished in a second, and a small smile played on her lips, "I'm fine now, I guess," She giggled.

He heaved a sigh of relief, "That's good then," He placed a kiss on her forehead, she hummed in response, but her happiness was short-lived as he abruptly moved away again, "Can I go now?" He scratched his head awkwardly, "I'll see you later, then," He turned to go but she pulled him back.