Chapter 13

"Now, shall we go? It's not safe to stay here for long," He offered his hand.

She gladly took it helping herself up.

They walked holding hands. "Are we going back home?" She asked.

"I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to call it home," He smiled at her, "I thought you hated the place."

"It's not the place I hated. I hated my trainer." She said pouting.

"You're still holding a grudge?" He raised his brows.

"yes, I don't forgive nor forget easily." She shook her head.

"I guess I'll have to make it up to you then." He smiled.

"Let's see." She shrugged.

"We've got a long way to go, tell me if you get tired, we can take a break."

With a puzzled look on her face, she asked him, "We're near home aren't we?"

"No, it's the opposite, we're very far from it." He replied.

"Then, you're telling me we're walking all the back?" She frowned at his words.

"Do we have any choice?" He raised a brow at her.

"I don't know, can't you use your powers and teleport us?" She shrugged.

"I don't possess that sort of powers," He chuckled shaking his head, "oh, man," She sighed in disappointment.

She stopped and stared at him for a moment, "What?" He asked. "Get ready, I'm going to eat your brains out before we get out of here." She smirked.

"Eh?" He blinked at her words.

"I have too many questions and we've got too much of time." She explained.

He laughed, "Sure," He nodded as they resumed walking.

"Ah that reminds me, what does your wolf form look like?" She asked him with a curious look.

"Are you interested?" A sweet smile played on his lips.

"Yeah, I've seen Lia, Tyler, and others. And a few minutes ago I even met some other wolves, one of them claimed to be you and that could've got me in trouble, what if someone tries to trick me again?" She held in her breath as she remembered the encounter with the so-called Alpha King number two.

"Fine," He nodded, "I'll show it to you when you defeat me," He added.

"Isn't that foul play?" She pouted sulkily.

"Where has the confidence from before gone? You said you'd challenge and conquer me, remember?" He said reminding her of her declaration.

"Okay, fine. But who is he anyway? claiming to be 'The Alpha King'?" She asked.

"Just someone who couldn't be one." He shrugged.

"Heh?" she tilted her head in confusion.

"We were all candidates for 'The Alpha King'," He answered.

"Weren't you born with the title?" She frowned as she thought they were born with the title just as she did.

"No. All the alphas from different packs, younger, older, we all trained and fought for the title. At first, I thought I was asked to participate for the pack's pride, I was the future Alpha, but I later realized there were lots of expectations from me, they expected me to have the title not just participate and that hellish training..." he held his breath, "I thought I'd rather prefer to die, I was angry, I was just a young boy, I didn't get why was I going through the hellish training? Each pack had its own Alpha so we didn't exactly get it, why would you need an Alpha King? None of us knew the reason we were put through hell, some were after the power, some were fighting for their honor, we were only doing what we were asked for. But among us all, one was most enthusiastic about all this. And that was him. The one you met earlier." He explained.