Chapter 66

"Alpha won't like this,"  The beta guy clicked his tongue as he cleaned the place. 

"It's a war, it demands sacrifice," Alexa licked her blood-stained fingers, "Are you sure Kevin you don't want to have your fill? You're getting a free meal," She looked at her friend who cringed in disgust. 

"I've stopped drinking fresh blood long ago, I don't want my efforts down in the drain." He shook his head denying her offer.

"Is it because of Lia?" Alexa raised her brows at him, "She sure discriminates against you," She clicked her tongue in pity. 

He glared at her darkly. 

"She's my best friend, I can bad mouth her," Alexa shrugged, Kevin rolled his eyes. "Anyway, another long report, we'll have a hard time explaining this to police," He heaved a deep sigh. 

"Don't worry, the hunter's union will handle them, there's nothing they can do anyway," She scoffed. 

"Where did our pure Alex go?" Kevin heaved a deep sigh. 

"You spoiled her," She stuck her tongue out. 

"Anyway, where are you going next?" The beta guy got up and turned to look at Alex but Alexa wasn't there anymore, "Where did she go?" He asked looking around. Kevin turned around and blinked, "she was here just a moment ago," he muttered.

Just then his phone buzzed in his pocket, looking at the screen, he waved the phone in the air, "She went here," He pointed at the screen which flashed Lia's name.

***

Reagan stood up on his feet and walked around, "I'm absolutely fine, see?" He looked at his sister. 

"Thank goodness," She sobbed as she wrapped her arms around him, hugging his sister back, he consoled as he rubbed her back, Reagan then ran his eyes around the room, he saw everyone except for the one he wanted to see the most, "Where's Alex?" He asked. 

"Oh, yes, I'll give them a call," Lia excused herself and went out of the room. 

"Call? Them?" He cocked his head in confusion, suddenly everyone in the room tensed up, "What's going on?" he narrowed his eyes at them.

Tyler heaved a deep sigh as he told him what had happened in his absence, Reagan's eyes widened in horror, his eyes then shifted at Adira, whose face was unreadable. 

Just then Alexa showed up at the door, "Reagan..." She muttered as tears pooled in her eyes, she then ran and hugged him, "You woke up," She drew back and cupped his face. 

Reagan closed his eyes, his lips pursed in a tight line, taking a deep breath he looked back at her, "What's all this, Alex?" 

"What?" Her brows crossed together. 

"I heard what happened," He told her. 

"Ah, you don't need to worry about anything at all," She waved her hands, "You've just woken up, you get some rest, I'll handle everything." 

"Handle everything? Like this?" He held her wrist and waved her blood-stained hand, "I told you we're preparing to recuse your parents didn't I? Why did you have to do all this?" 

"I am doing the same, Reagan, I am also preparing things," She justified herself. 

"This!" he yelled at her she flinched, he bit his lips, trying to keep his voice down, he spoke, "Why would you go and do this?" He looked at her helplessly. 

"I couldn't just sit quiet, they hurt you!" Her face darkened. 

He caressed her cheek, "I'm fine," He rested his forehead against hers. 

"But I'm not, I'm not fine with them hurting you, I'm not fine with the fact that they can do this again," she distanced herself from him, "Until when will we sit back? we're done with defense, it's time we strike back," She added. 

 "We're going to, but not like this, not with you going and killing off everyone who refuses to join us, it's their choice, Alex, you can't force them." He tried to make her understand. 

"I'm not forcing anyone, it is their choice, they chose us," She argued.

"They were threatened by you." He glared at her. 

"They could have been threatened by the other side too, Reagan, stop being so nice, they won't be nice to us," 

"You're killing the innocents," 

"they're not innocents!" She yelled, "They go around killing humans, by killing them I saved the innocents! and I only went there and helped them choose sides, I showed them the winning side and everyone wants to join the winning ones." She spoke in her defense.

"Why are you not getting it? It may backfire on us, you've probably made more enemies than allies, this can lead to rebellion," 

"Enemies died, we've got the allies and rebellion for what? After the war's over, they can go wherever they want I'm not imprisoning them."

"Can I say something?" A voice interrupted them. Reagan looked at his beta who was at the door with Kevin. 

"You guys went with her, how can you?" Reagan glared at them. 

"To be honest, I don't really like her not after seeing the madness tonight." His beta shook his head. 

"But you still went with her." Reagan clenched his jaw. 

"Because I agree with her, we can't delay this any longer, the war was predecided, we've all been preparing for this for years, we need this war, Alpha, sooner the better. " He kept his words without hesitation. 

"You-" 

"We also agree with her highness," Few men entered the room, they greeted him with a bow, "We're thankful to you for bringing us here but the queen is right, we need to end this soon, we've been forced out of our houses because of them, we can't burden you forever, we'd like to return back to a safe environment where we don't feel threatened." One of them spoke. 

"We represent here all the pack leaders, they also share our thoughts, we've always been ready for this day, we only waited for the Queen's awakening, we've seen her in action and now she has our trust." The other Alphas nodded in support. 

"You heard them," Alexa looked at Reagan. 

"Alex-"

"This war is on Reagan, whether you agree with me or I go alone, backing out is not an option." She stood her ground, her eyes changed the color, the air became heavy. 

"I am not sending you anywhere, alone? Never!" His face darkened as he glared at her, his eyes glowed up worsening the atmosphere, everyone in the room dropped to their knees, their breath grew heavier, they clutched their chest in pain as two powerful aurae clashed against one another.