Chapter 10

Tyler had gone to make his round on the National Forensic Bureau and Reagan and few others went to meet the chief of the police.

Meanwhile, Lia, Kevin, Murphy, Conner, and Alexa had been hanging out in the mall nearby.

"Ah, it's been so long! Those pretty dresses...those pretty heels...." Conner admired through the large window pane. She then looked at her reflection, messy hair, plain clothes, and muddy sneakers.

She then looked at her hands, broken nails, dirty hands.

"I'm definitely going to spoil myself," She nodded as she made her way into the shop.

Murphy's eyes wandered around and then stopped at the arcade, "Ohhh! I missed my life!" He yelled excitedly as he ran to the arcade in a blink.

"Gee! Don't run like that!" Lia ran after him and before he could enter inside, she caught him by his collar and dragged him back.

"No! Please!" Murphy begged.

"No, stick together so we don't have trouble keeping an eye on you guys. We're still being chased, remember? You're still not safe." Lia scolded him.

"But-"

"We'll go there after she finishes here." Lia pointed at Conner who had been choosing her clothes.

"You know what it's like when Conner starts her shopping. That's going to take forever!" he complained.

"Then go help her, that'd be faster?" She suggested.

"Meanie!" He sulked.

"Whatever," She rolled her eyes, "Now, let's go inside," She opened the door and pushed him inside. Turning to Alexa and Kevin who were just standing outside, she gestured, "come on guys, what are you waiting for?"

After trying out a few dresses, Conner stared at the other dresses lined up in a row, "hmm," She tapped her finger against her chin.

"What's wrong? Hurry up will you?" Her brother nagged from behind.

Meanwhile, Lia too looked at a few dresses for herself and went inside the changing room, Kevin fished a dress out, knocking on her door, he hung it outside Lia's changing room and quietly walked away.

Lia opened the door, popping her head out, she looked around but there was no one, her eyes then fell on the dress hung on the doorknob, she shrugged as she fished the dress inside and shut the door.

After finalizing her clothes, she also picked out a few clothes for her best friend who just stood there uninterested, "Here," She handed them to Alexa.

Alexa was about to protest but before that, she was pushed inside the dressing room and the door shut right behind her.

Heaving a sigh, Alexa stared into the mirror, slowly she took out a phone from her pocket and stared at the blank screen, her mind ran back to yesterday's conversation she had with Carla.

"Human world?" She asked.

"Yes, the human world," Carla looked at her suggestively, with a smirk she then fished out a phone from her pocket and shoved it in Alexa's hand.

Alexa raised a brow at her.

"I like the look on your face, now, after you leave tomorrow, don't come back, hmm?" Carla placed a hand on her shoulder.

Alexa narrowed her eyes at her.

"I'll help you run away, so make sure you never ever come back here," Carla closed the distance between them and whispered in her ear.