Chapter 69

One week passed by in a blink, gathering the forces from all around the world, they prepared to leave. Reagan stood in front of his army, "Thank you, everyone, for joining us," He bowed to them, "we've all waited for this moment for years, every training, every battle was for this great war that lies ahead of us," He spoke loud and clear, "It's time for us to end this once and for all, let's do this!" He nodded at them, they all cheered in response. "As soon as we enter the Vampire world, you are to flood the city while we move for the castle, we're not going to kill the innocent citizens there, so I request you to sympathize with them, and remember one last thing, all of your lives are precious, you are all to return home safely." He commanded.

"Nice speech, Commander," Alexa smiled at him joining his side, he pecked on her lips, she blinked at him, "Open it," He told her, she shook her head and looked ahead of her, she then extended her hand and with her powers, she opened the dimensional door to the Vampire world, "Let's go," She yelled as she took the first step inside, everyone followed her.

Just as they entered the Vampires came flying at them, with her eyes changing red, she grabbed their head and tore their heads off their bodies. The army flooded the city, part of them evacuated the citizens whereas the rest of the others tackled their opponents, "hurry and evacuate," They shouted as they tore the Vampire armies limb by limb, a sudden gush of the storm came knocking them over, "What the hell is that?" They looked closer, 100s of Vampire armies came on attacking them at once. The Vampires grabbed them, hypnotizing them, they sucked them dry.

Back at the border between Vampire and the human world, hunters and her newly gained allies, placed themselves to stop the Vampires from infiltrating the human world.

After we ambush the city, they may try to find a place to run and hide, nowhere is better than the human world as they can easily disguise themselves among the humans and that would make it difficult for us to get them without harming any innocents.

They remembered her words, they took their stances as they sensed the creatures coming, "here they come," The hunters spoke, "Don't expect us to save your asses," they passed a taunt on the vampires who were going to fight alongside them, "You worry about yourselves," A vampire retorted as they all took their stance with a smirk on their faces.

"Now, now guys, remember we're allies?" Murphy and Conner had joined them, they then gave each other a high five, "let's do this," they nodded at each other. All the training they had received, it was time they put it into use.

The screaming from the battlefield reached their ears as Alexa and her friends made their way to the Vampire Castle. She stopped for a moment and looked at her team, she shifted her gaze at the beta, "You go with the troupe and help them," She ordered. The beta silently obliged to her command.

Reagan narrowed his eyes at his mate, "Since when did you get close?" He asked. "You don't have time to be jealous, your highness," She laughed at him, the playful smile on her face vanished and was instantly replaced by a nasty smirk, "here they come," She moved forward grabbing the pale creatures by their neck, she fed on their blood. Reagan and others took their stance, tackling and killing them. When they came in overwhelming numbers, Alexa released her powers surrounding them with the black smoke, breaking them, paralyzing them, she kept moving forward. This was no more war, it was a one-sided massacre.

Reagan caught up to her, "Don't leave my side," he reminded her again.

They left the piles of dead bodies along their way as they finally reached the huge castle door, She squinted her eyes sending the door flying open, the ground shook with her steps as if they trembled in fear.

Swarm of vampires greeted them at the threshold, Tyler and the female beta changed into their wolf form, "We'll get them, you guys get moving," they shouted at them as they drove their teeth into their neck and rooting off their head from their bodies.

Alexa and the rest of them went inside in search of the council members, "it's empty..." Kevin's voice echoed in the empty castle, "Did they run away?" Lia raised her brows as they slowly proceeded.

"No, they're here," Alexa narrowed her eyes as she could sense their presence.

Moving further inside, they were attacked by Vampires, Alexa grabbed them by their head and electrocuted them dropping them dead on the ground. Reagan tore them limb by limb, Kevin single-handedly thrashed them one by one, others too left the piles of dead bodies as they moved forward.

Alexa stopped for a moment, "careful," She warned her friends as she sensed something off. Reagan took her hand on his as he intertwined their fingers, together they moved forward, something was definitely off, Reagan narrowed his eyes as he scanned the surroundings, he came to an abrupt halt, pulling Alexa behind. "What's wrong?" She raised her brows at him, Reagan then turned around, their friends were gone.

"where did they go?" Lia's eyes widened in shock, "they were here just a minute ago," She whispered, Kevin didn't reply which made her turn her head to the side, just then she was tossed down, a man lay on top of her, she then immediately transformed throwing the man off her, the man glared at her while he came to attack again, Lia sneered at the man before thrashing him down and crushing him beneath her feet.

Kevin's head snapped in the direction of a voice, he quickly dodged the man who came at him, narrowing his eyes he punched the man on his chest sending him flying, the man slid across the ground getting a hold of his footing, he then growled at him, Kevin just scoffed as the man came at him again, Kevin then grabbed his head and twisted his neck making him drop down lifeless.

"Lia?" he called out to his mate but didn't get an answer, he ran through the corridors searching for her, just then the door flung open and he was sent flying, his back hit the strong castle wall, bouncing back he fell on the ground.

"Argh!" he got up and glared at the group of Vampires, "Sure, I'll give you a good fight," He snarled at them as he ran towards them, the Vampires grabbed him by his arms and threw him again, he got up with a dark aura around him, "Now, I'm mad," He clenched his palm, he then grabbed them by their neck and thrashed them one by one, just as he was about to hit another before he could even touch his enemy, the enemy dropped down on the ground, unmoving and lifeless. "Need a hand?" He heard a voice beside him, A smile played on his lips as he responded to his mate, "Sure," they both looked at their prey.

***

"Damn!" Reagan muttered a curse under his breath, "Don't leave my hand, Alex," He warned her.

The huge door opened to a large room, they both looked at each other, nodding, they slowly stepped inside, standing in front of them were the vampires in the red cloak. Slowly they surrounded them, Alexa narrowed her eyes at them, "Are you the rumored vampire council?"

"We welcome you, your highness," A man spoke as he smirked under his hood, in a blink, the man was lying dead on the ground, as Alexa stood at the center, "The time for friendly greetings has passed, now I only thirst for your blood," She declared licking off her blood-stained hand. With that, she grabbed the neck of a woman, "Were you the one who was lusting after my father?" her eyes glowed red as they both disappeared.

"Alex!" Reagan shouted her name, but she was gone.

"Welcome, Alpha King," he heard the voice from behind, he looked down on the floor he realized he was trapped inside a barrier, he tried to run out of it but he was thrown back at the center, the members of Vampire Council surrounded him as they put on the barrier, "You are to stay with us until the arrival of our Queen."

***

Alexa thrashed the woman against the wall as she tightened her grip around her neck, with a nasty smile on her face, she threw the woman on the ground, "You can't die so easily," She whispered darkly as she circled her.

Just then she felt a shockwave sending her flying away, she quickly gained her footing, straightening herself she narrowed her eyes at the man who entered in a black cloak, raising his head, the cloak dropped from his face.

"Welcome," He muttered with a smirk on his face.