Chapter 41

"What if I do something to someone in that meantime? I've already done enough damages, just a drop of blood made me lose my mind, what will happen if I continue to stay here? you can't keep me locked in here if someone bleeds while training or whatever, I'd lose my mind again, I've already attacked my friends, I don't want to harm anyone else, I can't stay here" She shook her head, "Please... I can't live like this... I can't... please" She begged him. 

"Look at me, Alex," he cupped her face, "look at me." 

She slowly raised her gaze and looked into his eyes. 

"I understand this is overwhelming for you, it is difficult for you, and I won't force you to accept this all of sudden but you can't lose yourself like this," He tried to explain. 

"But-" 

"Shh, don't think of anything, you're not a monster Alex, you're not, at that time you killed them it was your basic instinct, you needed to kill them to save yourself and your friend, so that's okay." He wiped her tears, "And you said you attacked your friends, you didn't, they're unharmed and safe, and the fact that you're losing your mind over the smell of blood as I said before, it's only because you've recently gained your powers, you don't know what to do with it, craving for blood is normal because you don't know how to control it, all these things can be corrected with proper training but that is only possible when you cooperate, you can't lose yourself like this, you need to get a hold of yourself." 

"But I am not able to, what if I do something again, what if I attack them again? I can't bear to... I don't want to turn into a monster," She shook her head. 

"You're not a monster," He shook his head, "I won't let you turn into one, I'll stay with you and I'll stop you from doing things you don't have control over, you won't do anyone any harm including yourself, that I'll make sure of, hmm?" 

"But what if I hurt you too?" She sobbed again. 

"You can do that," He nodded. 

"I don't want to," She shouted. 

"Then make your mind stronger, don't lose yourself to your powers, to your instincts, have control over yourself," He told her. "Remember what I told you before? If you have things to protect, you need to get stronger for them, you already have the powers, immense powers, that is capable to protect every one of us now you just have to make sure to control these powers, use them in the right way to protect your loved ones, we still have to find your parents they're waiting for you to rescue them, you're the only hope they have, you're the only hope we have, that's why Alex you can't give up like this, hmm?" 

"But-" 

"Shh, don't think of anything else," He covered her ears and peered into her eyes, "just look at me," Suddenly she was very calm, all her fears had vanished, "Remember when you came first you couldn't even protect yourself, remember all the training you've gone through to be what you are today, I want back the brave Alex who declared that she'd challenge me and conquer me, how're you going to defeat me? How're you going to defeat the Vampire Council? How're you going to save your parents? how are you going to do anything if you can't even win against yourself? You've still got lots to do Alex, you can't give up like this, and just so you know I'm not giving up on you, so we will go through every training, we will do anything and everything there is for you to have control over yourself, okay?" 

She slowly nodded her head.  

"So you're ready to win over your fears? ready to win against yourself?" He asked her. 

"Hmm," She nodded wiping her tears. 

"That's a good girl," he ruffled her hair. He then stood on his feet and extended his hands, she slowly took them and helped herself up. 

 "and by the way, you still have a long way to go before you're able to hurt me," He added. 

She then burst out in laughter, "What's so funny?" He raised his brows. 

"Nothing just realized I still hate that cocky attitude of yours," She replied. 

"It's not attitude, I was just stating the fact," he shrugged. 

"True indeed," She nodded. "But I still hate it," She shrugged. 

"Then get stronger," He patted her head. "Now get ready," He told her. 

"Hmm?" She raised her brows at him. 

"What you said earlier is true, you can't stay here," He nodded, "So we need to-" 

Before he could complete his sentence, he noticed her eyes changing to red, "Alex?" He called out to her. 

She glared at him as her fangs descended. 

"Oh-oh," He blinked at her but she didn't attack him instead she quickly moved to the door, "No," He caught her hand which was on the doorknob. She instantly threw him on the ground and opened the door, "Oh come on," he groaned in pain, he then instantly got up and pulled her back inside the room, "Did you get offended when I said you can't hurt me?" He clicked his tongue. 

She growled at him as she attacked him with her nails, "ooh, where did that come from?" He narrowed his eyes at her long nails but that didn't make her stop, she was about to dig her nails on his shoulder, he efficiently blocked her hand and spun her around. 

She struggled to free from his grip, "Calm down, Alex, don't let it get to you," He shouted. She pushed him behind until his back crashed against the wall, "okay you proved your point, that hurt okay?" He told her.  

She broke free and attacked him again, she was about to dig her nails, he grabbed her hands, "I'm not liking them," he shook his head and locked her hands behind her, he then looked into her eyes, his eyes glowed golden yellow, "okay, now, calm down," a moment later her eyes grew heavy and slowly she fell asleep.