Chapter 61

He leaned in to kiss her but heaved a sigh when he heard the commotion outside, "What's that?" She frowned as she could hear the shouting and yelling. 

"Let's go find out," He threaded his fingers against hers as they walked out. 

As soon as they walked out, "there she is," A man shouted and suddenly an object came flying at her before she could move, Reagan moved in front, shielding her, he grimaced with pain as an axe struck on his arm. 

"Reagan," She shouted, her eyes then fell on his arm, he was bleeding, her head snapped in the direction of the man who threw the axe at her, her body trembled with anger, Reagan's eyes widened in horror as he could feel the murderous intent from her, "Alex-" Before he could utter another word, she was already out of his arms and stood in front of that man, "How dare you!" She glared at him and without a single thought she plucked his head off his body as if she removed a weed from the ground. 

The spectators gaped in horror, "You!" Another man charged at her but suddenly all went quiet as her vision was blocked, her back hit against the firm chest, his sweet scent tickled her nose, "Relax, Alex, calm down," He spoke in her ear as his hand covered her eyes. In an instant, her anger vanished, "I..." her voice trembled. "shh, it's okay, everything's fine," He wrapped his arms around her as he nodded at his friends who held back the other party. 

"You got hurt and he deserved that," She muttered, the tone of her voice sent chills down his spine, he quickly snapped out and shook his head. "It's just a scratch," He hugged her. 

She removed his hands off her and turned to face him, she then looked at the weapon still stuck on his arm, "A scratch?" Her eyes turned dark, he quickly pulled her against him, distracting her eyes from his wound, "I'm fine, Alex, I'm good," He rubbed her back trying to calm her down. 

"You need to get treated," She raised her face up, "It's nothing," He tried to laugh it off but he froze there, "NOW," She muttered dangerously, she wasn't taking no for an answer, his hair stood at their ends at the chilling voice of hers, What's this? He was scared? He didn't fear anyone, Alex, well he shouldn't fear her, she was his Alex, but her look told him something else, she was changing... again.

He heaved a sigh, "fine, I will, right now, happy?" He smiled at her. 

Her face instantly broke into a smile, "that must've hurt, why did you have to come in the middle?" She scolded him. 

He raised his head and looked at his beta, 'Detain them and bring them to the training ground, Send all others inside their house,'  His beta nodded back. He then looked at Tyler and Lia, 'Take her inside,'  they nodded back as they approached them, "Go with them, I'll come after dressing this up hmm?" He cupped her face. 

She was reluctant to leave him but finally agreed after his insistence, making his way back to the packhouse, he took out the medicine box, and took out few pieces of gauges, "it may need some stitches," He clicked his tongue as he took out the box, he held his breath as he pulled out the weapon from his arm, he quickly pressed on the wound to stop the bleed, he threw the gauze when it was soaked, just then he froze, he didn't feel any pain slowly his eyes moved to the site of his wound his eyes widened, there was nothing, the gaping hole had disappeared completely. 

"So it was true indeed," He flinched as Adira spoke behind him. 

He narrowed his eyes at her, "What are you talking about?" 

"You've become immortal too," She replied. He drew his breath sharply, "What's going on?" He asked her. 

"You've realized that Alex is immortal, right? You've seen with your own eyes, nothing can kill her, even she can't kill herself," The old woman spoke. 

He was reminded of the time when Alex had cut her wrist, 'It heals on its own', he drew his brows together in a deep frown.

"The previous queen too, she was like Alex, she couldn't be killed either, then how was she killed?" Adira quirked her brow up.

Reagan's heart constricted as he realized, "The one who killed her..." 

"Was her mate," Adira completed it for him. 

"How is that even possible?" He scoffed, shaking his head he denied it. Killing your own mate was like killing a part of you, the pain of losing one's mate was immeasurable, he had heard, it was like cutting off a part of yourself, no... it was beyond that, beyond any imagination, Tyler had mentioned. How the hell can anyone kill their own mate? 

"He didn't have a choice, she was mad, her powers got best of her, she went around killing everyone as she pleased, everyone was scared, everyone begged him to stop her, he tried to but she didn't listen to him either, in the end, he was forced to make a decision," Adira slowly closed her eyes as she remembered what just happened outside, "I thought Alex was different but... the show outside was just a hint of her rising madness."

"Shut up!" Reagan yelled at her. 

"History is repeating itself," Adira continued. 

Reagan suddenly burst into laughter, "You're telling me I'll kill Alex? I am not him, Adira, Alexa is not her, history won't repeat."

"I don't want that either, I want you to stop her, Reagan, just like you did today, stop her from turning into something that'll make us all regret." She heaved a deep sigh. 

"You knew all this since the beginning? That's why everyone wanted her dead?" He asked her, "Why did you decide to save her then? Why make me protect her all this time? Is it because she's your blood?" 

"That too but you know how have situations turned out to be, the Vampires and Werewolves, killing each other and the queen killing everyone off didn't have much difference, they all needed someone to show them their place." She replied. 

"And you raised me to power, stronger than anything and anyone, so that if things go haywire you can use me against her, is that why you've kept it from me all this time?" 

She didn't answer. 

"Sorry to disappoint you Adira but I guess you're forgetting something, I  didn't come all this way to be your backup plan, I became me for Alex, she has been my motivation all along, she's everything that I ever wanted, so I can assure you I won't be killing Alex, even if she kills me. I won't let her become a monster, hell, if she becomes one, I'll become one with her. If she'd want you all dead sure we can be the only ones on this planet, I won't mind, I'll kill for her and am ready to be killed by her, mark my words if a day ever comes where I'll have to choose between everything else and her, I won't even bat my eye before choosing her," he declared as he walked to the door, before leaving he glanced at her for one last time, "Congratulations Adira, you just raised two monsters."