Chapter 17

He gave it all at the training, he now had a reason, the drive to seek power, he had something to protect, someone to protect. He had scars, injuries, aches, and pains throughout his body. The only thing that soothed his mind was her thought.

He never went to see her, with his strong aura, if someone noticed his presence that'd only put her in danger so he restrained himself from even seeing her from afar.

Tyler, a wolf of Silver Selene, Kevin, a Vampire, and Lia, his own sister had been by her side protecting her entire time.

They would sneak him some of her pictures but he often felt heartburn whenever they spoke of her fondly, he only later realized, the feelings he had were of jealousy, he almost hated them for being able to be by her side without any effort while he could only see her through the pictures.

With time, he learned to hide his presence, taming the powers he had acquired.

At 16 yrs old, he became the Alpha king, without further ado, he went to see her immediately but only from afar, that's when he realized she was his mate.

Being the Alpha King didn't mean his life got easier, it was far from that, this was just the start, he had to earn respect from the entire werewolf clan, he didn't want to be feared, he only got the power and authority, not the trust and respect which was more important. Without them, he could be betrayed and overthrown. As the Alpha King he had little time for himself, even with that little of his time, he'd go see her but only from afar. He would get jealous seeing males around her, he wanted to go and claim her already, his mate.

***

Time passed very slowly for him, he wanted to go and meet her but there were two things stopping him, one she hated supernatural beings, that could be solved he didn't need to expose his identity, he could just meet her as Lia's brother but the other reason made him wait, her mother, Gabriella Blakesley was against it, she didn't want Alexa to be pulled into the chaos again, she refused to acknowledge their bond, she flatly warned him against it.

Who the hell was she to keep him away from his mate? But nevertheless, he decided to wait.

But it was maddening him as the times he could go and see her lessened as there were feuds he had to suppress, he hunted down the werewolves who had shaken hands with the Vampires, he hunted down the Vampires who had sniffed their way to her. When finally she had graduated from college he had made an opportunity for him to meet her, she was going to have a job in his office. He didn't have her mother's approval yet but he was done waiting, and her mother didn't need to know that, but things didn't go as planned.

The air was sucked out of his lungs when he got the information about the attack, but he knew better than to panic, "We're going," He informed his men through the mind link. By the time he went out, his betas and other wolves were waiting for him outside. He had two betas, a male and a female, "Double the defenses and protect the pack," He commanded as the female beta took his orders while the others went with him.

He had been informed of the arrival of his mate and her friends back home, but he had things to do before he could go see her. Even after chasing and hunting down the Vampires, they couldn't find Gabrielle, the previous Luna of Silver Selene, meaning he had to wait long before he could go home. Few more hours of search but the result was nothing but disappointment.

Closing his eyes shut, he pinched the bridge of his nose as he received another report, news of a revolt, perfect he thought, with the amount of stress building up he needed to vent it somewhere, "Continue the search and keep reporting," He ordered, leaving behind the search team, he and others made their way to the area from where he had received the news of a revolt being planned, it didn't take long, quickly crushing the revolt, they made their way back home.

His people cheered for them, after a shout of cheer, cheer of victory, they backed away giving a path for them.

He strode through the path leading his men behind him, just then, he felt her presence, she was finally here, he smiled with pleasure.

He then stopped in his tracks and looked in her direction, his golden eyes met her hazel ones, his heart skipped a beat, for a moment, he was lost in her eyes, forgetting everything.

After a moment of relish, he tore his eyes off her with much difficulty when all he wanted to was go and claim her lips announcing to everyone that she was his, but that had to wait, he didn't want to scare her away.

After the meeting with the elders, when he grabbed the doorknob he heard Adira chuckle, "Seen your gift, your majesty?"

He rolled his eyes, when he got outside, he saw her standing there arguing with her friend, Tyler nodded acknowledging his presence, "We brought you your present," he spoke through the mind link, the bastard dared to snicker at which his eyes narrowed.

"Now!" He saw the other girl push her in his direction, just when she was about to trip, he held her hand, her touch sent waves of pleasure throughout his body, steading her he glared at Conner first then his gaze shifted to his mate, his gaze softened, "You're okay?" He asked.

"Hmm." She barely managed to nod, Conner cleared her throat from behind, "Alex." The girl whispered.

"Can I get an autograph?" She blurted out.

He frowned, "Autograph?"

"My friend" She pulled her hands back, the one he had been holding, she then pulled Conner in front, "She's a big fan of Jacob Black, the Twilight series and she just loves werewolves, even her name is Conner and she's a fan... of... yours? so yeah she wanted one... the autograph." Alexa explained fumbling.

"I see," He smiled at her.

"Hey, it's Conner. Very nice to meet you." Conner extended her hand for a shake.

He wasn't least interested in shaking her hands but for formality, he did, "Hi, Conner. Reagan, here. Nice to meet you too." He faked a smile as they shook hands.

He then turned his gaze back to his mate, he offered his hand, "Hi." When she did nothing but just stared at him, Tyler elbowed her, "Alex!"

"Oh... Hi Alexa here, you can call me Alex." She took his hands as she let out a nervous smile. What's wrong with you, Alex! Why're you behaving like a teenager who just spoke to her crush? Get a grip! She mentally scolded.

He could hear her loud and clear, he snickered, she narrowed his eyes at him. He was glad he had that effect on her as much as she did on him. She was finally here, he thought and this time he'd make her his, for forever.