Chapter 57

The clang of the metal chains pierced her ears, "This is it, this is it!" She shouted in excitement, "I'm finally free!" 

"Alex?" She heard Reagan call out her name. 

With a nasty smirk on her face, she turned around to face him, "Since you always get in my way, why don't you die first?" She screamed as she drew the sword in her hand and then with a swift movement she strikes him down.

"NO!" Alexa woke up gasping for air, her chest rose up and down as she struggled for her breath, she frantically looked around her surroundings and realized that she was inside her room, her eyes then fell on Lia and Conner who were sleeping beside her, she heaved a sigh of relief, "They're fine....I'm back...." She muttered as she buried her face in her palms. 

"Until next time," His voice echoed in her mind, she abruptly raised her head, "That guy, who the hell was he? and that woman..." She then glanced at her friends again. "Don't think it's over! Next time, they'll all die and it'll be your fault, if only you gave in easily, the more you resist, the more others will be harmed."  She was reminded of her warning. 

"No," She shook her head, "I won't let anything happen to you guys," She swore silently.

"Don't you want to see your parents? I'll let them go if you give up your body, also hand over that wolf guy and I'll spare everyone,"  The mysterious woman had told her. 

"No," She shook her head, "I won't let anything happen to anyone," She looked on with a determined face, she then slowly got up on her feet and sneaked out of the room.

"Hyah!" She shouted as she swung her wooden sword in the air as her mind ran a series of flashbacks. 

"Please get out of here. Go somewhere safe, just run from here." She heard her mother.

"Hiah!" She shouted as she struck the sword on the ground. 

"You're the true heir for the throne, royal bloodline of Vampires, and the next Luna of the Silver moon. You're the chosen one to unite both clans again, ending the enmity and bring in the peaceful times again.

"Those vampires..." She was reminded of the ones who tried to kill her multiple times, "That man..." The image of the silver-eyed guy flashed in front of her eyes, "and that woman..." She gritted her teeth, the sand on the ground was slowly picked up by the air, creating turbulence, her eyes slowly changed their color to crimson red, "give up my body? Who the hell do you think you are?" She shouted. 

"My friends, my parents, everyone, I'll protect them," She let out a loud scream that suddenly created a strong sonic wave which dispelled concentrically with a strong impact causing the trees around her to fall one by one. 

"Alex!" "Alex!" The voice of her friends reached her ears, turning back she saw her friends running towards her. "Thank goodness," They breathed heavily as they caught up, "Why are you here? You got us so worried!" Conner complained. 

"You should've told us, na?" Murphy pouted sulkily. 

"You've been knocked out for almost two days and suddenly you go disappearing on us, not fair!" Lia narrowed her eyes at her.

"Two days?" Alexa's eyes widened in surprise. 

"Do you even know how worried we were?" Conner and Murphy threw their arms around her, squeezing her between them. 

"Sorry, I just woke up a little earlier so I came here and I'm fine guys," Alexa patted their back as she consoled them. 

"I'll go and tell Reagan that you're awake, he sat by your side the entire time, he's been restless since you passed out," Tyler heaved a sigh and turned around to go when Alexa called him, "Tyler, I'll go to him myself," She told him as she was reminded of the woman's words, "Even you know the truth, you're just denying it, don't be a fool, love, mate, loyalty, it's all bullshit, they'll only betray you in the end."