Chapter 9

Jannat Ali P.O.V.
"How are you? Are you happy now?" I smiled sadly while caressing on dad's picture. I was missing him a lot, but I know he is in a better place.

"Dr. Jannat someone is here to meet you" I looked at her confused. As much as I remember I don't have any patients today except Mrs. Kingston.

I nodded towards her telling her to let the person come in. I looked at the person and sighed. "What are you doing here?" He didn't say anything and just walked up to me and sat in front of me.

I gave him a bored look and just looked at my computer screen. I didn't look at him and didn't even want to see him. I took a deep breath and just asked him again.

"What are you doing here?" "Well, why do people come to the hospital?" "Did you really come to ask me this? I don't have time for this, I have work to do, so you may leave"

"I'm sick" I looked at him suspensively. "And what happened to you?" "I'm getting crazy" I chuckled and looked back at my computer screen. "You were already crazy Mr. Kingston, I'm happy that you finally know it"

"No seriously, I'm sick" Okay, now it hit me. What if he really is sick? I'm a doctor and I have to check on them. I looked at him almost worriedly. "What happened to you?"

"I don't know, I think I'm getting crazy... I think stupid things" "I hope you know that I'm a doctor and not a psychologist" I sighed and stood up.

I put the ear tips off my stethoscope and walked towards him. I put it on his left side where the heart is, "Take a deep breath" He did as I told him, "And breath out" He once again did what I told him.

Wow, his heartbeat is really fast, is this even normal? Wait, why am I asking myself this question, I'm a doctor. I think I'm getting crazy by talking to him.

I didn't realize how close we were till I looked 2up at him. Our faces were only inches away, I was lost deep in his ocean blue eyes. I could feel his breath on my lips.

The door suddenly opened making me back away. I cleared my throat and looked away nervously. I looked towards the door and saw Jessie. I looked at her and there I saw Mrs. Kingston behind her with her husband.

"M-Mrs. Kingston, please come in" I said while walking towards my chair. "Makson, what are you doing here?" She asked her son once she saw him. He quickly stood up and looked at his mother.

"I came to talk with your doctor about your health" I looked at him confused, why is he lying. "Sorry? But you said you weren't feeling well" His mother looked at him worriedly.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" His father asked him while putting his hand on his shoulder. "I remember, I have work, I need to go," He said coldly and walked away.

What is wrong with this guy? I'm sure, he is crazy for sure. I smiled towards Mrs. Kingston and her husband and pointed towards the chairs in front of me.

"How are you feeling Mrs. Kingston?" She chuckled and shook her head, "I remember I told you to call me auntie" I giggled and nodded my head.

"Auntie, how are you feeling?" "Good, I don't feel any pain" I nodded my head and showed them the x-ray I took before she was discharged. "So, as you can see, this is how your kidney looked before the surgery and this is how it looks now. As you can see I removed this part of your kidney, and as I said before the surgery, it won't affect you"

Her husband looked at me with a smile, "You really are a hard-working doctor" I smiled and nodded my head. I handed them a little note with some pills on, "You will need these pills for about 3 weeks, and you need to take them daily one time in the morning and one time before you sleep"