Chapter 27

Makson looked at Jannat and then towards her mother who just walked into the living room with drinks. She sat in front of them and then looked at them.

"So did you both fix the problems between you two?" "Yes, ammi, we talked yesterday," Jannat said while smiling. "That's good" Makson took a deep breath and was going to talk but was interrupted by Haniya's voice.

"I'm home ammi," She said while walking into the living room. She looked at Makson and Jannat then towards her mother. "When did you come Jannat?"

Jannat looked at her and then just smiled, "A while ago....." She found it weird, till yesterday Haniya called her baji and now suddenly by her name, she found it weird but shrugged it off.

"I came here to ask for your permission to marry Jannat," Makson said not wanting to wait. Everyone looked at him since he said it out of blue. "I've talked to my parents and they are more than happy to have Jannat as their daughter, I wanted to ask your permission myself before you get to talk with my parents," He said while looking at Jannat's mother.

She smiled and looked at Jannat, "Are you happy with him?" Jannat looked at Makson while smiling and then at her mother, "More than happy" Her mother smiled and nodded her head.

"You have my permission and I'll meet your parents tomorrow, but take care of my daughter." Makson tried his best to smile "Of course, she is my everything," He said while holding her hand.

"I will get going, I have an important meeting," He said while standing up. Jannat looked at him worriedly and then at her mother. "I-I'll see him off," She said and walked after him.

She walked out and saw him standing beside his car. "Makson?" "I'm sorry Jannat, I just couldn't stand there longer," He said while turning around and faced Jannat.

"Makson...." He sighed and grabbed her hands. He kissed the back of them and smiled at her, "I love you Jannat, and I came to meet her only for you, she just doesn't give me good wipes"

Jannat smiled and caressed his cheek softly. "I'm sorry" "You don't need to be sorry" He smiled and pecked her forehead lovely. This showed how much he respected her and how much he loved her.

"We'll meet tomorrow," He said smiling before getting into his car. Jannat smiled and waved to him, "Drive safely" She said before he started driving.

They both were happy not knowing what was coming at them. Someone was ready to destroy their happiness

Jannat Ali P.O.V
"Well, you're good to go, but remember to keep taking your medicine and if anything happens then please do come" "Thank you Dr. Jannat" The old lady slowly stood up with the help of her daughter and then I waited for my next patient.

"Come in," I said when I heard a knock on the door. I looked up from my computer and smiled when I saw him standing there with flowers in his hands.

"Makson, what are you doing here?" "Why can't I visit my beautiful fiance" I blushed while smiling and stood up. "For my beautiful girl" "They're beautiful" I whispered while taking the flowers from him.

"You don't have work?" "I went to work at 5 or 4 and finished my 10 meetings and here I am now meeting my girl" I looked at him shocked. He went to work this early and had 10 meetings.

"Did you have lunch?" "Well, that..." I sighed and put the flowers on the table and then looked at him. "Makson, you have to take care of yourself, you can't skip breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it's not good for your health"

"Ms. Jannat Ali, I'm not gonna die if I skip them this time right" "Mr. Makson Kingston don't you dare talk like that" He smiled and held my hands, and took me towards the couch.

We both sat and then he looked at me smiling, "Okay, what's wrong with you?" "My parents and your mom talked today and.... we're getting married next week" I looked at him shocked.

"I-Isn't that too early? I mean, the preparings" He chuckled and shook his head. "Mom and dad will handle everything" I sighed and nodded my head. He was gonna say something but was cut off by my phone ringing.

I looked at the caller id and saw it was ammi. She doesn't call me at work time. "To minutes, it's ammi"

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"At work, is everything alright?"

"Come home"

"I can't, I have a lot of work"

"I said get home, be home in 20 minutes"

She didn't let me answer and cut the call. I turned around and saw Makson looking at me confused. "What happened?" "Ammi wants me home in 20 minutes but I can't leave," I said while sighing.

"Why does she want you home this early?" "I don't know, but I can't leave my surgery here... I'll leave after these two surgeries," I said while looking at him. He smiled and held my hand kissed the back of them.

"You're a hard-working and a very caring woman Jannat, but you should remember that you don't have to do everything she says" "hmm....." He pecked my forehead and helped me stand up.

"I'll get going, I have a meeting now" "Please eat something on the way back" "I will" He walked out from my office while I started getting ready for the surgeries.

3 HOURS LATER
I walked in tired and there I saw ammi in the living room watching tv. "I'm home," I said while walking in. "What did I tell you?" I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean ammi?" "I called you and told you to come home" "I know ammi, and I'm sorry but I couldn't leave the surgeries. I had a lot of work"

"You could have handed that over to another doctor!" "Ammi, please you know I don't like to hand my work over to the other workers"

"Tell me the truth Jannat, where have you been?" "Ammi I'm telling you I was at work?" "No, you weren't at work, you were somewhere else" What is she talking about? What happened to her?

"No trust me ammi, I was at work" "Jannat! It's enough! Tell me the truth instead of lying!" "Ammi I'm telling the tru-" "Before I could finish my sentence I felt my cheek getting warm.

She slapped me....

"Just because I've been nice to me doesn't mean you can lie to me!" I kept looking down not wanting to see her, I don't know what happened to her or if someone said anything to her.

I went up to my room and saw Zain sleeping peacefully. I took a deep breath and laid beside him and pulled him closer to me. "Mommy?" "I'm home, sleep" I whispered while he snuggled into my chest.

I don't want things to be like before, I don't want anything to change.