Chapter 20

"I miss you" I whispered while looking at the picture in my hand. It was a picture of Zain with me, I was on my knees on the picture while Zain was behind me with his hands around my neck.

There was a knock on the door so I quickly put the picture away. I opened the door and there stood Mrs Kingston with a tray in her hands. She looked at me and gave me her best smile.

"Auntie, you didn't have to... I'm not hungry" "Jannat dear, I'm not asking you to eat," She said and walked into the room. She put the tray on the bed and then held my hands making me sit beside her.

She took a bowl of pasta and then took the fork. She put the fork towards my mouth while I looked at her, "Eat" I took the bite and looked down at my hands while trying to hold my tears.

Ammi never did this to me, she never cared this much about me. "What are you thinking about dear?" I shook my head and looked at her with a smile.

"Thank you, auntie, I've never felt this much love from my mother... Please don't do this or... Or I'll get used to it" I said and broke into tears. She chuckled and wiped my tears away.

"Then get used to it... I'm sorry that we didn't win the case Jannat" "No, auntie don't be sorry... I know you tried your best to help and that is enough for me"

"Jannat? Do you like Makson?" I looked at her shocked and was speechless. Do I like Makson? I won't lie, I do feel things that I've never felt before with him.

I feel butterflies in my stomach, I feel happy, he may be an asshole but the love I've seen for his family in his eyes isn't a lie. The way he loves Islam, the way he does things, just makes him special. The way he respects me.

Yes, he may have said things to me before in anger, but that doesn't change the fact that he regrets it and even apologized to me for it. I was brought back from my thoughts when she held my hands.

"I... I..." She smiled and nodded her head. "I understand dear, but I will say one thing as a mother... Never lie to yourself, it will hurt you. Be yourself and don't hide" As she said that she kissed me on my forehead and then left.

I looked at the suitcase I had hidden and then looked towards the door.

Makson Kingston P.O.V
I was seating with Arif in my office, he and Maria returned yesterday from their vacation and he came here after driving her home. "So basically you lost the case?" I nodded my head while sighing.

"She really got a big heart" I looked at him while he took a sip from his coffee. "She must have been through a lot" I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean? I've always seen her smiling" "That's the point" Now I got even more confused. "She is always smiling because she is trying to hide her pain. She is Muslim and is from Pakistan, and as a Pakistani myself I know how it is for girls to live"

He stopped talking when there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Jason walked in with my coffee, "Sir, aren't you drinking too much coffee today?" Arif looked at Jason and then at me.

"How much?" "It's his 6th cup" Arif looked at me shocked and then told Jason to leave. "Seriously bro? 6th cup, what is going on?" I ignored him and took a sip from my coffee.

"What were you saying about Jannat?" "Don't ignore my question" I looked at him with a glare and he started nodding his head.

"Everyone thought that Zain was her son right?" I nodded my head because even I thought Zain was her son. "And who wouldn't think like that? She took care of him like he really was her son, she never let him feel like he was her sisters. No one knew who the father was, people may have judged her. Like, why getting pregnant before marriage, you're a Muslim and it's not right... But no one ever tried to know about the truth"

He is right, she once did say that. When she agreed to be my date, that day I remember she said something like that.

"So I should have let him insult you?" She sadly chuckled and shook her head. "It's nothing new for me, I've heard worst,"

"She is really strong, not everyone has this big heart to do something like this, and especially when you're a Muslim, because you will hear a lot of negative things"

He is right, she is strong... Really strong, she did everything for her sister, she took such a big step without even caring about herself.

I stood up and took my car keys and my blazer, "Wait, where are you going?" "I have something important to do," I said and ran out without even listening to him.

"Mr Kingston where are you going? We have an important meeting in 10 min!" Jason shouted when he saw me, "Postponed it!" I shouted while putting my blazer on. I got into my car and started driving.

I got out of my car and ran inside towards the elevator. When I arrived at the 30th floor and knocked on Jack's door. He opened the door and there I saw a crying Zain in his arms.

I walked in and looked at him while he tried to stop Zain from crying. "Where is she?" "Haniya?" I nodded my head and he pointed towards the living room.

They weren't living together and neither were they in a relationship, she came here today because Jack wanted to meet Zain. I saw her seating while going through her phone.

"So this is what you are doing instead of taking care of your son?" She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "It doesn't consider you" "Don't you think you have done enough?" She stood up and looked at me.

"Who the hell are you to talk to me like that?!" "I didn't come here to fight, I only came to open your eyes if it's possible" She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Your sister sacrificed a lot for you, she heard a lot of people talking bad about her but she never let that come to your son. She took care of him like her own son, never did she think that it was your son and not her. And suddenly you came and took her son away from her"

"I never took him away, he was always mine!" "He was? If he was then you'll never think about abortion, you wouldn't have left him, if he was really your son you would have thought about his happiness which is with Jannat"

"I didn't come here to say that you don't have any rights on your son or that you should return Zain to Jannat... You're like a sister to me and if you are doing something wrong then I have all the rights to tell the difference between right and wrong. Today I'm saying that you should for once think about your sister who always put you and everyone first before herself, she never thought about Zain as your son, she took care of him like her own child. Think about your son's happiness and for once about your sister's happiness"

I turned around and saw Jack behind me while holding Zain. "Can I take him with me for a few days? Jannat misses him a lot" He nodded his head and I took Zain from him.

"S-Sweer uncle, I-I want Jannat mommy back" He cried while wrapping his arms around me. I patted his back and pulled him a little away so that I could see his face.

I wiped his tears and pecked his cheek, "Let's go and meet your mommy" He smiled and quickly nodded his head and wrapped his arms around my neck once again. "Think wisely," I said before walking away.

I arrived home with a smiling Zain in my arms. The maid opened the door and I walked into the living room while talking with Zain. "Sweet uncle, will you let me stay with Jannat mommy?" "Of course I will champ, she cried a lot because she misses you very very much" "Me too"

I stopped when I saw everyone in the living room. "Is Jannat still in her room?" They all looked at me nervously and then at Zain. "Maria take Zain and Jasmine out in the garden" Jasmine nodded and Arif helped her up.

"What is going on?" "Actually Makson... Jannat" I looked at them confused. Is she alright? I had suddenly many thoughts running in my head.

"Jannat left and we don't know where"