Chapter 17

"Make yourself at home," Jack said when we walked into his apartment. We came to the penthouse where Jack stayed. He looked at me and then at the sleeping Zain in my arms.

Suddenly Makson took him from me, I was going to walk after him but Jack stopped me. "He'll put him in the bedroom," He said and calmed me down.

"I usually stay here when I have a lot of work, or else I live with our parents," He said while we sat on the couch. Makson came back and sat over for me, but he wasn't looking at me and I don't know why but I wanted him to comfort me.

I looked at Jack and saw him looking at me and then Makson, "You mistook her as Zain's mother" I sadly chuckled, "Anyone would, he calls me mother" I said while holding my tears. Makson finally looked at me, and I could see guiltiness in his eyes.

"Haniya and I never had a love relationship, we met at the club" I looked at him shocked. "Club?" He nodded his head and continued. "We both were drunk and the next day when we woke up, we realized what happened"

"Then... Everything was just... A mistake" "Yes, it was a mistake, but my son isn't a mistake, yes we may have slept together, but he is just an innocent soul. We did meet after that, we decided to forget everything and we started being friends, if she would have told me about her pregnancy then I would have taken all the responsibility"

"Mommy?" We all turned our heads towards the little voice, I smiled when I saw him walking towards me while rubbing his eyes. I put him on my lap kissed his forehead.

"Slept well?" He nodded his head and snuggled into me. I wrapped my arms around him and looked at Jack who was looking at Zain with love in his eyes.

"5 years ago I came home and saw Haniya crying"

FLASHBACK TO 5 YEARS AGO

I came home and tiredly started walking upstairs, but I stopped when I heard crying from Haniya's room. I opened the door and saw her seating on the floor crying.

I quickly ran up to her and pulled her into a hug. "Shh, stop crying" I calmed her down and then I pulled away and whipped her tears away. "What happened? Tell me"

"I-I'm pregnant" I was shocked, is she for real. "What do you mean?" "I'm pregnant, I'm not ready, I don't want this child! This wasn't supposed to happen"

"Wait Haniya, calm down first and tell me honestly how it all happened" "I was out with friends and there I met this guy, I don't know when and how but things happened between us, I told him that I'm pregnant but he didn't want the child"

I pulled her into a hug and caressed her hair softly, "Shh, it's alright I'm here" I whispered while calming her down. She pulled away and looked at me. "I can't keep this child, I'm not ready, Abbu and Ammi can't know about it, they will be angry... I-I will take abortion"

"Are you out of your mind, you can't abort this child! Think with cold mind" "No, I will do abortion that's it... If I don't then Abbu and Ammi will know"

"You won't abort this child and that is final... We will move out"

"W-What?" "I will take all the responsibilities of this child, it's my baby and I won't let anything happen to it... You will give birth to this child and after seeing the baby I know you will change your mind"

I started packing her things and also packed mine. The next day I decided to leave with her, "Abbu, it's work. I will be back in about 9-10 months" "But Haniya you don't need to go along"

"Ammi you know it's about my study, I really need to go," She said and hugged both of them. I also said my bye to them and then we both went to the city.

3 months later
Haniya is now 3 months pregnant, and I'm taking care of her and the baby. The baby is healthy and so is she which I'm very happy about.

I was suddenly woken up by Haniya, "What happened?" "I want ice cream," She said while pouting. I chuckled and sat up. I put my hijab on and took my car keys.

I helped her wear the sweater since it was cold and then helped her with her shoes. These days she was craving for a lot of things and woke me up in the middle of the night, but I didn't mind it.

7 months later
"I told you that just rest and don't eat all of these things!" I shouted at her and took the chips packet from her. "I'm tired of this, I can't do anything because of this baby. Sleep, hanging out, I can't even eat what I want to!" She shouted while standing up.

"I should have aborted this child when I had the chance"

9 months later
I was holding the little baby boy in my hands while smiling at him. I took him to Haniya and was going to hand him to her, "I don't want him, just put him into the orphan"

"I thought you will change your mind after seeing him" She looked at me and shook her head, "I didn't and I won't" "Then fine, do as you wish. I helped you as I promised and now you don't have any rights on this baby"

END OF FLASHBACK

I took a deep breath and looked at Zain who was drawing in the middle. "T-Today, I suddenly get to know that she wants Zain, and then I suddenly get to know that you're his father"

I didn't know when tears started running down my cheeks, but I knew that I couldn't stop them anymore. "You know Jack, he is a very elegant child, he isn't like other children at his age, he can understand everything very well"

"Mommy look what I draw!" He walked up to me and showed me a drawing. "See I draw you, me and daddy" I took the drawing from him and made him look at me.

"Zain, I will share a secret with you" "Really?" I nodded my head while tears streamed down my cheeks. "Zain, I-" "Big boy, mommy wants you to meet your daddy" Makson cut me off.

"Really?!" He said and ran to Makson, he nodded his head and pointed towards Jack. "That is your daddy" "You're not joking right?" "Ask your mommy"

He looked at me while I slowly nodded. He ran to Jack and hugged him tightly while Jack started crying while hugging him back. "You can't tell him" "Why? He will know about it one or another day" "Yes he will, but not today"

I looked at Makson while he stood up and walked towards me, "Look, he is just a child... And no one can change the fact that you're his mother" I started crying while hiding my face in my hands.

I suddenly felt strong muscles arms wrapping around and pulled me into a hard chest. I looked up and saw Makson looking away, "J-Just let it out" As soon as he said that I started crying.

I can't anymore, why always me? Why is Allah making me go through all this? I can't lose him, I don't want to lose him.

He hugged me tighter, and I felt secure in his arms. What is this feeling? Never did I feel like this towards anyone, nor was I ever this close to anyone except Abbu.

I pulled away and looked everywhere but not him. "W-We'll get going now, it's getting late" Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Jack walked towards the door and opened it. "Who is it, Jack?" I looked towards him when we saw him walking in and there I saw.

"Haniya?"