Chapter 24

Jannat Ali P.O.V
I looked at him shocked, I just couldn't believe my ears. The man that I loved, the man which I dreamed of being with is confessing his love. He grabbed her hand and put it on his chest.

"This heart is beating like crazy only for you," He said lightly. I looked at my hand on his chest and then looked back at him. No, this can't happen, this isn't the way.

I pulled my hand back and took a few steps back, "N-No, this... This isn't right" "What do you mean?" I turned and was gonna walk away but he grabbed me by my arm and pulled me back right in front of him.

"You aren't leaving without answering me" "Let me go," I said while struggling under his grip. "Not before I get any answers! If I love you and I'm confessing then what is wrong with it?"

"Everything is wrong! Everything! You loving me is wrong! I love you that's wrong! You don't understand Makson, all of this is wrong!" I shouted at him while pushing me away.

"Why? Am I not good enough for you? Tell me Jannat, I'll change" I looked at him and for the first time in my life, I saw tears in his eyes. "You're more than enough Makson and you shouldn't change yourself for someone like me. I love you, I love you a lot, but you and I will never be possible"

"Why Jannat? If you love me and I love then what is the wrong thing?" He held my hands softly while my tears ran down my cheeks. I tried holding them back but I wasn't strong enough.

"Makson, you're the best thing that could happen in my life. Never did I thought about loving someone since I had Zain, but when you came into my life it changed. Being with you will always just be a dream"

I took a deep breath and cupped his face in my hands, softly smiling at him I whipped his tears away. "Find someone else, find someone who really deserves you and your love" "I found her and that's you"

"No, that's not me" I shook my head while keeping a smile on my lips. "Forgetting me would be best...." I turned around and started walking away.

I didn't look back, because I couldn't, I knew that if I looked back then I won't be able to stop myself.

Makson Kingston P.O.V (NEXT DAY)
"Why are you all talking about your free time instead of working?!" They were starlet by my loud voice, they turned around and looked on the ground not daring to look at me.

Bismillah, I took a deep breath and looked at them, "Get back to work" I said before walking to my office. When I entered my office I saw Arif with Hasneen in his arms.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be at your company?" "Well, I took a day off to spend it with my little family" I looked at him and then sat in front of him.

"And where is your little family? Does my office look like a place to hang out at?" Instead of answering me, he made Hasneen look at me. I sighed and took him in my arms while having a little smile on my lips.

"Missed your uncle?" He looked at me with his big innocent brown eyes. "You look in a very bad mood today" "I'm not" I looked at him and saw him smirking at me.

"You're sweet sister told me that you were on a dinner date yesterday" "Don't talk about it," I said while handing him Hasneen carefully. "Why? Didn't Jannat show up?"

I sighed while standing up and walked towards the big windows. "She did..." "Then what happened?" Now he sounded serious, which made me chuckle dryly.

"She rejected me saying that we aren't meant to be together" I looked at him and saw him looking at me with his 'are you kidding' expression. "My dumb friend now answer these questions... What is Jannat?" "Bro are you out of your mind? A girl of course"

"Your sister is right, your the dumbest guy in the world, you should get an award for it... What is her religion?" "She is a Muslim" He carefully put Hasneen on the couch while standing up and put pillows around him for his security.

"What do you know about Islam?" "That it's a very beautiful religion," I said while smiling. "Is relationship allowed in Islam?" "No, I mean you can like someone but not be in a relationship. Islam directed that a man and a woman should avoid being alone, the Prophet Mohammad has said "No man should be alone with a woman except when there is a mahram (a family member) with her" and that is to avoid any sin through actions"

"Mashallah, Mashallah bro" He pretended to wipe his invisible tears. "Wait....." That's why, that's why she rejected me. Why didn't I even think about it.

"That's why she said those things, then marriage is the solution" "Are you ready for marriage?" He asked while looking at me up and down. "Of course if it's Jannat, then I am. She is the only girl I've ever liked. She is caring, she puts everyone else before herself, she is pure and innocent, I want to protect her the rest of my life"

"Wow, you're so in love.... But you can't marry her" "And who are you to stop me? Her brother?" "Yes we Muslims are all brother-sisters... But that is not the reason... To marry her YOU have to be a Muslim"

"I will, I will change my religion, I will be a Muslim" "Don't you want to know WHY you have to be a Muslim to marry her?" "I already know why" he looked at me while I took a seat on my chair.

"How?" "That's a secret" He rolled his eyes but flinched when Hasneen started crying. He quickly picked him up and tried stopping him from crying.

"Islam doesn't allow women to marry a man who isn't a Muslim" "Good, very nice, good that you know it, now help me" "Why should I?" "I helped you!"

"You did? I helped myself!" "With the help of my questions! Now help me or I will kill you!" He shouted which made Hasneen cry even more. He looked at the clock on the wall and his eyes suddenly widened.

I looked at him confused while he looked at me, "Help me!" I shook my head and smirked. Hasneen started crying more and more and in no time Arif also started crying.

"Arif Chaudhry, why is my son crying?!" The door to my office suddenly was opened by the loud shout of my annoying sister. "He was sleeping peacefully, and then started crying!" Arif cried while I looked at them while smiling. I could imagine myself and Jannat in this situation.

Jannat, I will make sure that you have a bright future..................

With me.........

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing fine. I was gonna upload it last week but then my grandmother passed away on Friday. She was like a mother to me since I never got that love from my stepmother. She meant a lot to me and I haven't been myself since I lost her. I hope you all can wait a little bit since I will be taking a little break from writing. I'm sorry about it, but I'm depressed at the moment. Losing her wasn't easy:(( She was a really nice person and had a heart of gold and was always ready to help others.

She mashallah lived her life to the fullest and mashallah, alhamdulillah she turned 94. I hope she is doing well wherever she is right now. Inshallah the highest place in Jannat, Ameen sum-Ameen. I hope you all can take 5 minutes to make dua/pray for her.