Chapter 21

1 YEAR LATER

Jannat Ali P.O.V
"Main medicine likh deti ho ab ky liye, or ab ko yeh din main 3 time leni karni hai" (I will write the medicine down for you, and you need to take it 2 times a day) I said while writing down the medicine.

1 year ago I left New York and came to my hometown in Pakistan where I opened my little clinic. I miss Zain and I won't lie because I do miss Makson.

After leaving I understood my feelings, deep down I loved him but I pushed that feeling away because I was afraid. Afraid of loving, afraid that he won't like me back which is true.

"Dr Jannat, next patient a kya hai" I nodded my head and signed her to let the next patient come in. Patient after patient and I didn't realize it was already 9 pm.

I stood up and closed the clinic and went home. I walked into my living room and the first thing I looked at was the big picture on the wall. A picture of my little baby Zain.

I smiled sadly and walked towards the picture, I caressed it slowly and then chuckled while remembering my times with him. I looked at the picture beside it and smiled.

I miss them, a lot...

Makson Kingston P.O.V
It's been a year since Jannat left, I've tried to find her but I couldn't find her anywhere, she was clever enough to hide everything from me. I was in my office right now and talking to the guy who I hired to look for Jannat.

"So?" "W-We haven't found anything... yet," He said while looking away. I slammed my hands on my desk and stood up. Bismillah "You've been saying it for the past 1 year," I said controlling myself from shouting.

"I promise next time I will come with something" I put my hands into my pockets and nodded. "Fine, if not then you're fired Luce" I signed him to leave as he did.

I walked out of my office and saw the lights off, as always I'm the last one to go. I got into my car and drove home.

As I was going to open the door I heard crying voices. I quickly opened the door and quickly went into the living room. There I saw Arif crying while holding his one-year-old baby Hasneen.

I rolled my eyes at him and sighed in relief. "Don't you fucking dare roll your eyes at me, when your time will come then I will dance!" He shouted which made Hasneen cry more.

"For god's sake Arif, can't you take care of your son for 5 minutes?! And why are you crying?!" Maria shouted while taking Hasneen from Arif who was sniffing like a baby.

"He wouldn't stop crying!" "You just had to give him milk!" She shouted at him while Hasneen stopped crying and looked between his parents with innocent eyes.

"It's not my fault!" "It is your fault! Who's fault is this?!" She shouted while pointing towards her 3 months pregnant belly. "You know baby, I wasn't in con-" "Can you both shut up?! Don't you dare flirt indirectly here! Go home!" I shouted while standing up.

I walked upstairs and looked at the door. I slowly opened the door and saw him reading a book. "Hey buddy," I said while walking in, he looked up from his book and smiled when he saw me.

I sat beside him on the bed and pecked his forehead. "Makson daddy, did you find Jannat mommy?" my smile dropped but I showed him the best smile I could. "Don't worry, I will find her... I promise"

He was sad but he still showed me his smile, like Jannat used to do. When she left I realized how much she meant to me, I realized that whatever I felt for her was different but a beautiful thing.