Chapter 23

"Mommy, I want to meet daddy," Zain said while jumping on my lap. "Woah, relax baby. We will meet your daddy after I'm finished here" He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I promise baby," I said while pecking his cheek. He smiled and went to the coach and started drawing, while I looked at the last file before signing it.

I didn't want to keep Zain away from Jack or Makson. For a year they took care of him, and if my boy is happy with them then I'm also happy. After 30 min I was finally done so I told Zain to get ready.

"Yeeey, we're gonna meet daddy" I chuckled at him and put his back in the backseat. "Baby you met your dad yesterday" "Yes, I meet dad not daddy"

I looked at him confused at that's when I knew what he was talking about. I chuckled and shook my head. "Mommy, I wanna stay with dad and granny tonight, please" He made puppy eyes and pouted.

"Of course baby, whenever you want to. I won't stop you" I stopped the car in front of Makson's company and got out while Zain ran inside. "Zain careful or you will fall"

I walked quickly after him, he was gonna fall but luckily Makson caught him. "Hey, buddy, where are you going?" "I missed you, daddy!" He shouted and wrapped his arms around Makson's neck.

"Sorry, he wanted to meet you," I said while looking at him, he shook his head while smiling at Zain, "I was actually on my way to your hospital. I wanted to meet Zain" I chuckled and looked at them.

"Auntie is right, you're both the same," I said while giggling. He put Zain down and he ran somewhere, "Zain-" "It's alright let him play," Makson said while grabbing my wrist.

He looked down and quickly let go of my wrist. We both started walking after him and didn't say much. "So Uhm..... Dinner tonight?" He was looking really cute while being nervous.

"I never knew you, Makson Kingston the cold guy I once knew could be nervous" "W-What?" I started laughing at him, "Makson you're so cute when you're nervous or confused" I said while pinching his cheeks.

He suddenly held both of my hands, I stopped laughing and looked into his eyes. I got lost in them, I felt like I was swimming in his ocean blue eyes.

I could hear my heartbeat increase. "I was never cold" He whispered while I gulped. "Y-You can let go of my hands" "And what if I don't want to?"

I pushed his hands away and looked away nervously. "Now tell me who is nervous miss Jannat?" I could feel him smirking, I secretly smiled and then looked at him with a poker face.

"Don't you dare make fun of me Mr Kingston" "Or what Miss Jannat?" Yeah, or what? What can I even do, but I do have an idea there is something he can't live without.

"I won't let you meet Zain" He chuckled and shook his head. "You should find something else because it's something you would never do. I know you that much Miss Jannat"

After saying that he ran up to Zain and picked him while walking towards the little kitchen which was in the company. I was behind and kept smiling to myself.

I do you love you Makson, a lot but I and you will never come true. I can't be with you without marriage but neither can I marry you. You don't love me, you will only see me as a friend and nothing more.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing, I looked at the caller id and saw that Sanjana was calling me. I answered the call and after talking to her I looked at them again.