Chapter 28

I woke up and got ready for work. I got Zain ready for his school and send him down for breakfast. I still couldn't get everything out of my mind about last night. It was almost hunting me.

I put my hijab on and went downstairs where I heard laughing noises. I walked into the kitchen and saw Zain laughing along with ammi. I took a deep breath and walked towards them.

"Good morning" "Mommy look grandma made my favourite pancakes!" He said while smiling widely. I nodded my head and looked at ammi. She looked at me and sighed then walked towards me.

"Let's talk Jannat," She said and walked into the living room, I followed her and stood in front of her. She grabbed both of my hands softly and looked down, "I'm sorry dear, I don't know what happened to me yesterday"

I shook my head and smiled a little, "It's alright ammi" I whispered and looked away. No, it wasn't alright, I didn't feel good about everything happening at the moment, it just didn't feel right.

She smiled at me and then spoke "We will be holding your Nikkah after tomorrow" I was shocked, already after tomorrow. "I-Isn't it too fast?" "No, it's the perfect timing. We will only hold Nikkah"

I nodded my head and smiled at her, "I'll be going to work then" I walked into the living room and looked at Zain, "Let's go my boy" He nodded and took his school bag and ran out while waving bye to Ammi.

I got inside my car and started driving, "Mommy, can you and daddy pick me up from school today?" "Why so suddenly?" "I just want my parents to pick me up together" I chuckled and smiled at him.

"Well alright we'll come together" He smiled widely and clapped happily. "Now be a good boy okay?" He pecked my cheek and ran inside. I went to the hospital and started doing my work.

As I was doing my work my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller id and smiled.

"Hello?"

"Hello wifey, how are you?"

"When did I become your wifey?"

"The day I met you"

I chuckled and shook my head. I could feel him smirking as he said that.

"How come you called?"

"Am I not allowed to call my wifey?"

"Of course you are"

"What time will you be having lunch today?"

"Well, I'm sorry I have surgeries today so I won't be able to have lunch with you today"

"Well.... Then good luck and please do remember to eat after the surgeries"

"I should be the one saying that now get back to work and remember to take care of yourself"

"Okay, my queen... I love you"

"I love you too"

I smiled and ended the call. I stood up and went to check on my patients. I didn't have any surgeries today, I will surprise him at his office. He has been coming over in my lunch breaks so this time I wanted to surprise him.

4 HOURS LATER
"I will be going now and I'm off from work tomorrow and after tomorrow, but call me if there are emergencies" The nurse nodded her and I took my things before leaving.

I stopped by Maksons favourite coffee shop ad got him his favourite black coffee and got myself a vanilla milkshake. I arrived at his company and parked my car beside his car.