Chapter 4: Audition

"Tsk~ " Ryujin clicked the power button and slid her phone across her bed very much annoyed

"Tsk~ " Ryujin clicked the power button and slid her phone across her bed very much annoyed. "I'm tired of seeing her on my feed."

"Then stop following her." Her sister challenged, seated on the same mattress just a few feet away. "Seriously, it's not as hard as you're making it seem."

"I can't, and for the record, it is harder than it seems."

"It's those kind of responses and that kind of behavior that proves it's All. Your. Fault." Rosé poked her sister's forehead with each pause, a habit she has when trying to emphasize her words. "Your self-inflicted anger has got to go. Shoo, shoo~ "

"It's not self-inflicted." Ryujin quickly rose to her own defense, seeming desperate to prove a point—her point. "I'll have you know she reciprocates the hatred that I feel."

"Oh, and that's enough justification to stalk her profiles and keep tabs on her like she's your kid??"

"How else am I supposed to know what she's up to?" Ryujin countered, though it came out very stupidly, not correctly conveying her thoughts in the best way, causing Rosé to raise a brow. "In her career, obviously. Not for other reasons."

"Yeah, yeah. Sure."

"I'm serious."

"No. I know." Rosé rolled her eyes and set her focus back on her phone, scrolling aimlessly through her own feed because that's what the pair of siblings had been doing, lounging around and showing each other anything interesting they found online.

However, as the oldest attempted to end the conversation there, Ryujin didn't like the lingering silence. "Why does it feel like you want to say something?"

"Maybe because I do. When will you let go of this childish feud?"

"There's nothing childish about it."

"Oh, sure. You don't even believe that yourself."

"Yes, I do!"

"Then that makes you childish."

"Whatever you say, Rosie." Ryujin rolled her eyes in return, earning a pillow smack to the face, and before the pillow fight had a chance to truly begin, the youngest of the Shins walked into the room, interrupting her cousins' playful banter.

Yuna walked in unannounced, barging in on what would've been a delightful squabble for whoever would've won, and pouted. "A pillow fight without me?"

"Not exactly, but— Hey, how did you get inside my house??"

"You left your key at my place the other day."

"I did?"

"Yeah!" The youngest confirmed instantly, almost too cheerfully for her cousin's liking. "You know, when you got drunk at that one party a week ago and called me to pick you up."