Chapter 20: Kiss Scene

ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪs ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ sᴄʀɪᴘᴛ

Yeji feels like shit, and it's taking a toll on her physically. She's gotten an hour of sleep, at most, last night, regretful of how her day ended. She didn't mean to snap, didn't mean to say things she's aware they both know she would never mean—at least, if they don't count the time before auditions.

Overall, it sucks. Yeji feels miserable. Ryujin has been ignoring her co-star ever since she arrived. It's sort of frightening considering this is one of the most awaited scenes of the movie. Not one word has been uttered, which means the two haven't been able to run through their lines for a mini rehearsal before their scene like they normally do. The redhead sought to initiate a type of 'rehearsal,' one where they simply run through lines as they get prepped for the shoot, but she was quickly shut down.

This doesn't stop Yeji's determination to make up for her bitter remarks, though. Even if she wishes Ryujin had been less pushy, she'll wholeheartedly admit that she could've left without declaring such stupidity that neither of them believed for even a fraction of a second. It was that absurd. Her actions disproved every claim in an instant.

"Ryujin?" The blonde's name leaves her lips embedded in a voice as soft as a whisper with mere minutes before they have to follow through with the kiss scene. "Can we talk?"

"Not a chance."

"Please??"

"No." Ryujin denies yet another attempt, begins to walk away, but Yeji follows her every step, won't let her get far so easily. She keeps up with the woman's pace, dismisses any bystanders because her priority is to fix this problem, focus strictly on the girl trying to steer clear of her.

"Let me apologize. I didn't mean any of those things I said, okay??"

"That didn't stop you from saying it." Ryujin scoffs, not entertained. She wishes Yeji would stop following her. "Besides, I don't think I care anymore."

"We both know you do!" The oldest shouts, earns a few stares in her direction. The only reason she notices is because Ryujin doesn't appear to be fond of the attention they're receiving. As a result, Yeji lowers her tone, continues to speak her mind while mentally praying the latter will listen. "Yesterday I was— "

"Frustrated? How predictable. Wow, Yeji. Great excuse."

"No- well, yes, that's the truth, but it's hard to explain. You don't understand— "

"Then help me understand." Ryujin waits, but Yeji stands there with a blank expression wondering how the hell she's supposed to open up and be vulnerable when they're supposed to be filming a scene at any given moment. "If you don't tell me shit, then I won't understand why you act the way you do."

"I can't explain that to you right now."

"You can't or you won't?"

"You know I can't." The redhead doesn't have to think it over. Because of the emotions running through her mind, her main concern is getting on good terms with Ryujin again. Her stepfather isn't even a passing thought. It's accurate to say she's desperate to make amends. "We have a scene to shoot. How am I supposed to— "

"Ladiessss!" The young woman, also known as one of the scriptwriters, calls out to them from several feet away, intending to reel in their attention. "We need you on set!"