Chapter 17: Vlive

"ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ— Eww! Hell no!" Yeji yells as she reads out the comment while also responding to it. She didn't mean to be so direct, but her reaction was just that real. The thought of her and Yeonjun together isn't pleasant, and he certainly feels the same. They've been questioned time and time again by numerous people who assumed such. It's safe to say the question is a bit... tiring.

"Me and Yeji??" Yeonjun breaks into a fit of laughter, hand lightly pressed on his stomach as he falls backward, hits the back of his head against the wall behind one of the sofas. It makes Yeji laugh some more, reach a hand up to pat his head gently while she reads more comments.

"How is me patting your head 'further proof that' we're dating?" She playfully rolls her eyes at the next one she read. They would never get together. Yeonjun's character Daniel is into Lucy, but acting out scenes like those is the closest they'll ever get to a romantic relationship.

The pair started this vlive as a means of entertainment. Yeji called her best friend, asked to vent to him a bit. She leaves many details out no matter how often he tries to pry, politely declines his persistence. She didn't want to imagine how he'd react, not after the first time all those years ago. He, like San, would obviously hate it, and though Yeonjun isn't blood related, he sure acts like a big brother. She won't risk saying anything, doesn't want to get him mixed up in what she believes is a mess she caused because of her feelings.

"Ooh! A relevant one!" He enthusiastically jumps up, excitement written all over his face.

"What does it say??" Yeji peers over his shoulder as he reads it out loud, catches a few users complimenting her on her beauty, others on how talented she is. She smiles, relishes in the positivity because right now Ryujin is a back thought in her mind. Yeji hasn't given her co-star single thought in the past hour... but she's convinced someone has placed a curse on her because this was only a decent distraction until Yeonjun read another comment.

"How is the movie's production going?"

Ah. Of course. She should have expected someone would ask about it. After all, the best friend's surprise on Vlive together would appear as if it's meant to tease the film in some sort of way. The question is reasonable, Yeji just hates that Ryujin is tied to the topic.

Yeji recalls what happened while she was tipsy nearly a week ago, feels slightly embarrassed about her actions. She doesn't remember when Ryujin left, only knows that she lowkey flirted with the woman before she drifted off into dreamland where her desires are no longer unattainable. She's secretly grateful Ryujin was there for her, though. Between the alcohol and the blonde's presence, she was occupied enough to discard her emotions for the time being, to resist shedding tears that night.

"It's so much fun! You guys are going to love it, I promise." Yeonjun sends their fans a wink, makes a few hearts melt by the simple act through the screen. "We can't spoil much, though. It's too soon."

There's a moment of silence as Yeji squints at the screen, a ton of individuals begging for a spoiler, half of them asking specific questions. "This one is asking for our character's names."

"Is that okay to say?"

"I think so...?" She whispers back to the young man, shrugs her shoulders. It's not like the audience could go far with a name. There's no official synopsis put out yet.

"I play a guy named Daniel." Yeonjun proudly declares, grinning brightly. He then points to his best friend. "Her character's name is Lucy. She's irrelevant."

"As if! I'm the main character!" Yeji counters, both of them laughing like dorks until he glimpses at a new question, one he reads before he realizes he's reading it.