Chapter 36: Not As Planned (Pt.2)

"Miss Shin?"

The two lovebirds looked up at the woman who walked in. They've spent most of their free time talking until the first interruption. Honestly, it was relaxing, and they enjoyed every second, especially Ryujin, who fondly stared at her girlfriend as she unknowingly dozed off for several minutes. It was adorable, the way those sleepy cat eyes blinked open, the way Yeji laughed embarrassedly because she fell asleep mid-conversation.

"Yes, ma'am?" Ryujin immediately jumps up in her spot. She has only known the woman for less than twenty-four hours, but she has developed much respect for her within that short timeframe, undoubtedly grateful for all the kindness she's given.

"You're needed downstairs."

"Is something wrong?"

"Possibly." Now, even Yeji feels a little on the edge of her seat. She wasn't at first, but it seems that Ryujin's tenseness beside her has rubbed off. "There's someone here for you in the waiting room."

"Oh~ " The blonde immediately relaxes. Well, mostly relaxes. A part of her is still anxious due to the vagueness behind that 'possibly,' which leaves her nerves running a bit wild. "Who is it?"

"I believe she claimed to be your manager."

Ah, there it was. That information certainly was enough to make Ryujin's eyes widen. She was meant to have a meeting this morning with her manager, discuss the latest updates and news on the good and bad related to her career. Although, in her defense, her girlfriend needed to be brought to the hospital yesterday evening. Surely the woman would understand.

After concluding her thoughts and collecting herself, Ryujin's feet pick up at a fast pace, and she dashes straight past Nurse Jihyo, leaving the latter alone with her patient, who just watches as her lover sprints out to the hall, thoroughly amused. Nonetheless, she does hope it's nothing too serious. Ryujin hasn't been willing to discuss any issues regarding her job yet. Needless to say, it does worry Yeji. She doesn't know what she's been through so far, and that leaves an unsettling feeling in her gut.

"And there's someone here for you, Miss Hwang— "

"I almost forgot!"

Ryujin unintentionally cuts the lady off, speeds back into the room, stopping by the edge of the hospital bed. She had gotten as far as the elevator before she realized she ran out without saying anything, which didn't sit well with her. She didn't want to leave without bidding a temporary goodbye to her co-star just in case the nurse says the doctor has to run a test or something.

"I'll try to be quick, but if you're gone before I come back, I just wanted to tell you that you shouldn't worry. Everything's going to be alright."

Ryujin plants a sweet kiss on Yeji's forehead, smile so bright it surely killed every worry Yeji had at that second concerning the possibility of an illness. False confidence or not, Ryujin's confident tone made her smile too. If her girlfriend was hopeful, then she could match that positivity herself. Besides, nurse Jihyo seemed to know what she was talking about, anyway.

"I'll try to keep that in mind."

"As you should." Ryujin plants another kiss on the other's cheek before repeating the same actions as before, disappearing out of the room in a hurry.

Meanwhile, the nurse smiles fondly at the couple. It's not every day you meet two well-known, famous idols. Had she not witnessed their behavior in person, she, like many others, would've assumed the relationship was simply for publicity. On the contrary, it clearly wasn't. The actress's connection appeared to be genuine, visible through their sincerity and heartfelt actions. "Well, aren't you two just so cute."

Pretend (Ryeji)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें