05- Starry Night

It was the first break the Cadets had in over a month. While Y/N took the time to sleep in, Eren, Armin, and Mikasa were eating breakfast in the mess hall.

"I can't believe I didn't realize I had met Y/N sooner." Eren said, staring at his breakfast. "Are you still going on about that? It's been almost a week let it go." Armin said.

"You recognized her right away and hadn't seen her since that day in Wall Rose." Eren pouted. "Yeah but she had told me her name. So I didn't recognize her face at first, but I remembered her name." Armin replied. "Besides I'm sure Mikasa didn't recognize her either at first."

"No I did. I actually recognized her immediately." Mikasa responded. "Well then why didn't you say anything?" Eren said, looking over at her. "I didn't think it was that important to say who she was. Besides I doubt she would have remembered two people she met briefly three years ago." Mikasa said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Sasha asked as her and Connie sat down in front of the group. "Eren's obsession with Y/N." Armin replied nonchalantly. "Oh cool, is he finally gonna grow a pair and ask her out?" Jean said overhearing their conversation and sitting down next to Sasha and Connie.

"I am not obsessed with her and I am not asking her out, I don't even like her like that." Eren said, crossing his arms. The group laughed at his response. "What are you guys laughing about?" Reiner and Bertoldt asked, hearing the group's laughter and deciding to walk over.

"Eren just said he doesn't have a crush on Y/N." Jean answered. "Oh yeah that is pretty funny." Reiner said as him and Bertoldt sat down with the rest of them. "I don't see what's so funny about me saying I don't have a crush." Eren mumbled. "Eren, in all the time that Mikasa and I have known you, you've never been a good liar. Especially when it comes to your feelings." Armin said. "His ears even still turn red when he's lying like when he was a kid." Mikasa said, pinching his ear.

"What's Eren lying about?" Christa asked turning around. "His feelings." The group responded. "Is he lying about his feelings towards Y/N?" Ymir asked turning around as well. "Actually yes, that's exactly right." Armin said a little surprised.

"Please it's so obvious he's got a crush on her. When we were partnered up for combat training the other day, he kept staring at her and Jean. Honestly I'm pretty sure he wished he was the one getting pinned down by her." Ymir added.

The whole group laughed hearing this story. "Ok I'll admit it. I do have a small crush on Y/N but what does it even matter? I'm not even sure she likes me back." Eren sulked. "Sasha and I are supposed to hang out with her when she wakes up. We'll try to find out what she feels." Mikasa said. "Yeah and while they're with her I'll help you figure out the best way to ask her out." Armin said.

"You mean we'll help him figure out the best way to ask her out." Jean added gesturing to himself, Connie, Reiner, and Bertoldt.

"What are you all talking about?" Y/N said walking down and sitting next to Mikasa. "We were just talking about our plans for today." Sasha said. "Great. So what what time do you wanna leave for the lake?" Y/N asked the girls.

"How about after you finish breakfast Y/N? Mikasa and I are both pretty much ready." Sasha said. "Okay sounds good. You guys wanna come with us?" Y/N asked the boys sitting at the table with them. "No you guys enjoy yourselves. We're gonna study." Armin said.

"Studying? On our day off? The first day we've had off in weeks?" Y/N said, clearly not believing their answer. "Yep we're gonna be studying right guys?" The boys all responded with "yep", except for Eren who stayed silent.