36- Escape

Moblit arrived in Ragako village a little while before sunset. "It's like the report said. The entire village is devastated, and yet there's not a drop of blood, let alone any bodies here." He said.

The homes were crushed. The footprints of Titans littered the ground. It was hard to believe that this place had been home to anyone at all just a few hours ago.

"Then the villagers of Ragako were able to safely evacuate?" A soldier asked.

"If that's the case, then the Titans we're having a field day in a completely empty village. That's hard to believe," Moblit said as he walked over to the village stables. "Furthermore, why would they evacuate without even taking a single horse?" Moblit asked.

It was arguably one of the most puzzling parts of Ragako. How could the people have managed to outrun the Titan without any horses?

"Then what happened? What could this mean?" A soldier asked.

"Moblit! I found one! This way!" Another soldier shouted as he ran over to Moblit and the other soldier.

A Titan was laying on its back. It's arms and legs were too thin to support its bodyweight so it was unable to move. All it could do was stare aimlessly at the soldiers, but it was in no way a threat to them.

"There you are." Moblit said as they all approached the Titan.

"Moblit, look at this." The soldier said, handing him a portrait of a married couple.

"This is a portrait of Connie Springer's parents?" Moblit asked.

"It's a strong possibility." The soldier replied when the Titan's eyes darted over to them, causing Moblit to drop the portrait. The Titan was attempting to lift itself up.

"Kill it!" A soldier shouted, drawing his blade.

"Wait! Hold up!" Moblit shouted putting his arm in front of the soldier.

The Titan had managed to lift its torso off the ground but soon gave up because it didn't have the strength to hold itself up. Moblit picked up the picture of Connie's parents, holding it upside down.

Much to his surprise, the Titan in front of him resembled the portrait of Connie's mother when you looked at it upside down. "Unbelievable." He said.

Meanwhile, the scouts were heading straight to the forest where Reiner and Bertoldt were holding Ymir, Eren, and Y/n captive. They had to think since at any moment the Scouts and MPs would be here.

"Reiner, what are you right now?" Bertoldt asked, grabbing onto Reiner's shoulders.

"Relax. I'm a warrior." Reiner replied.

"You're saying to trust Ymir as a warrior? Isn't she the one who ate Marcel?" Bertoldt said, glaring at Ymir.

"Yeah, that's my point. Ymir's motive is clear. Once she turned human again, she probably roamed around and lived only caring about herself. Until she met Christa. And as cute as Christa is, we have other reasons to bring her to our side. She's an important person in a family of the Church. If Eren turns out not to be the coordinate, our job isn't over yet. Having Christ with us at that pony will make our search much easier." Reiner said.

Another round of smoke flares from the Scouts were fired off. "They're close." Bertoldt said.

Eren stared up at Reiner and Bertoldt. What are they talking about? Are they planning to leave before the sun sets?

"Don't mean to interrupt your lover's quarrel up there or whatever's going on between you two, but who the hell is Marcel?" Y/n asked.

Reiner glared down at her, clenching his teeth together. "Just keep your mouth shut! Is that so hard?!" He shouted. Y/n glared up at him a flipped him off when he turned back to face Bertoldt.