27- The Beast Titan

Annie's crystal was wrapped up and taken away  by the Survey Corps. Next to them, Hange could see other scouts looking up at the wall with their mouths open.

"Look!" A scout shouted. A piece of the wall had been broken revealing part of a Titan that was looking down at them.

"A Titan?! In the wall?! It can't be!" A soldier said. Hange ran over to see what was happening and was shocked when they saw the Titan within the wall. "Your orders, Section Commander?" Moblit asked. Hange stood there in shock at what they were seeing. "Huh? What? Hold on!" They said. Was that there just by coincidence? Or does this mean...?

Pastor Nick ran over and grabbed onto Hange's shoulder, interrupting their train of thought. He was panting and out of breath. Pastor Nick? "Whatever you do...you must keep that Titan out of the sunlight!" He said.

"For now, we've covered the Wall Titan with sheets. We'll take more proper measures after sunset." A soldier informed Commander Erwin as they walked down a hall. "I see." Erwin replied.

"What are we supposed to make of this, sir? I never imagined there were Titans in the walls..." A soldier said. "No one did. There were only people who knew, and people who didn't." Erwin said.

Outside, Marlow and Hitch were working on cleaning up the damage done to Stohess. There was blood all around the streets and many people had been crushed by falling rubble from Eren and Annie's fight. "What's the deal?! We just fought a Titan here. Why are they keeping us in the dark?" Marlow questioned. "Business as usual. But what's scummiest of all...is that there's no 'official' reason why all these people died." Hitch said.

"Now then, it's time for you to talk. What is this Titan? What is it doing inside the wall? And...why did you people keep this a secret all this time?" Hange asked. The Scouts had covered up the Titan with with a patchwork cloth to keep the sunlight away from it. Pastor Nick was looking over the edge of the wall to see that the Titan was covered.

"I have work to do! My church and followers have been devastated! This is your fault! I will demand restitution! Now let me back down!" The pastor scolded.

"Certainly." Hange replied. They grabbed Pastor Nick by the collar and held him over the edge of the wall. "Will straight down do?" They asked. Pastor Nick was holding onto their wrist and trembling.

"Section Commander!" Moblit shouted. "Stay back. Enough of this! Do you people know why we Scouts have shes so much blood?! To take back our freedom from the Titans! I was willing to sacrifice my own life for that cause! I'm not asking you to talk, I'm ordering you. Is that clear? And if you won't talk, I'll try the next person. Your measly life wouldn't make up for much, anyway!" Hange said,  holding him further over the edge than before.

"Let...go of me!" Pastor Nick said, still holding onto Hange's wrist. "Like this? Right now?" Hange asked. "Yes!" The pastor replied. "Fine, then. Die." Hange said glaring at Pastor Nick.

"Section Commander!" Moblit shouted from behind them. "Kill me and learn! We will fulfill our duty, without fail! So...let go of me this instant! Deliver me...O Lord..." Pastor Nick said. He had let go of Hange's wrist and let his arms fall out to the side of him.

Hange growled and threw him back onto the wall. Then, they sat down on the edge of the wall, laughing to themself. "Just kidding. I wasn't serious." They said. Pastor Nick was kneeling down shaking and crying. "Tell me, Pastor Nick. Are all the walls made of Titans?" Hange asked.

Moblit walked over to Hange. "Section Commander..." He said. "Whew. I forgot how this feels. I haven't felt this way since my first time outside the walls. Talk about terrifying..." Hange said.