20- Trust

The sound of the acoustic round rang throughout the squad. While most of them were quick to cover their ears before the sound hit them, Oulo wasn't so quick and the sound left him dazed.

"Was that an acoustic round?" Eren asked as he uncovered his ears. "What is your job? To just let yourself be swayed by whatever you're feeling at the moment? No, it's not. Our squad's job is to keep the brat from getting a single scratch on him. Even if it costs our lives." Levi said. Everyone immediately calmed down and refocused on the job ahead of them.

"We keep going on our horses, got it?" Levi orders. "Roger!" They all responded. Eren looked around at all of them. "Keep going? For how long? And it's right on top of us...again!" Eren shouted as he looked back and saw that the Female Titan was right on their trail.

Behind them, reinforcements were showing up only to be taken out soon afterwards was the Titan. "The reinforcements! If we don't help, they'll be wiped out again!" Eren shouted. "Eren, eyes on the road!" Gunther shouted. "Sir!" Eren shouted in surprise. He couldn't believe that they were asking him to just let his fellow soldiers die. "Keep your pace up. Stay at top speed!" Eld instructed. "But sir, why? If Squad Levi defeat it, who will?" Eren shouted. "Dammit Eren can you just shut up and listen to them?!" Y/n shouted, but he ignored her instructions just as he was ignoring the others.

As a soldier made their way to the Female Titan she grabbed them quickly and dragged them through several trees, killing them instantly. Eren looked back in horror as he watched her heartlessly kill every soldier who got near her. "Another one's dead! And maybe we could have saved him!" Eren cried out, but the rest of Levi Squad just kept their eyes focused on the road in front of them doing their best to ignore what was going on behind them.

"One's still fighting...we could still make it!" Eren shouted as he once again turned around to look behind him. "Eren, eyes back on the road! Keep going!" Petra said. "Are you telling me to look away? To abandon my comrades and run?!" Eren shouted back at her. "Yes that's right! Obey the Captain's orders!" Petra responded. "I don't understand why we're leaving them to die! Or why he won't explain! Why?" Eren cried. Y/n was doing her best to try to shut him out or at least control herself so that she didn't shove him off of his horse.

"That's because the Captain decided the reason should not be explained. You just don't understand because you're still green! If you get it, then shut up and obey!" Oulo shouted. Suddenly an idea came into Eren's brain and he looked down at his hand. No...I can fight on my own. Why am I relying on others? I can just fight on my own. He carefully raised his hand to his mouth when Petra shouted at him.

"What are you doing, Eren? You're only allowed to do that if your life is in danger. You promised us!" She said. His eyes flicked over to her, but he soon was placing his teeth onto his hand getting ready to bite down on the flesh. "Eren!" Petra shouted.

"You aren't wrong. If you want to, do it. I can tell. He's a real monster. And it has nothing to do with his Titan power. No matter what power you use to suppress him, no matter what cage you put him in, he will never submit to anyone. Eren, the difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don't have to rely on that. Choose. Believe in yourself, or believe in the Survey Corps and me. I don't know...I never have. I can believe in my own abilities or the choices of companions I trust. But no one ere knows how it will turn out. So choose for yourself whichever decision you'll regret least." Levi said.

Looking back once again, Eren saw reinforcements fighting the Female Titan. Deciding that it would be best if he helped them, he got ready to bite his hand. "Eren! Trust us." Petra pleaded.

The situation reminded him of an event that had occurred about a week and half ago. Levi was explaining how he came up with a plan where they wouldn't have to kill Eren in the event that he turned into a Titan. He explained that they would cut him out of Titan's nape as well as cut off the ends of his arms and legs leaving him badly injured. Of course, Eren's limbs would grow back eventually just like how lizards' do but this made him hesitant. He didn't know how his limbs could grow back, or if they would grow back at all.