41 - Unexpected Reunion

Levi threw the blade in his hand at Kenny with so much force it would have sliced Kenny's head open had he not blocked it with his gun in time. When Kenny fired the gun, Levi acted quickly. He managed to cover himself and Y/n by throwing his cloak over his shoulder in order to lower Kenny's accuracy.

The shot he fired had missed them, but they weren't safe yet. Now they had to get out alive. Levi quickly glanced around to make a plan for escape.

"Keep up." Levi told Y/n.

The two soldiers quickly ran down and slid off of the roof with ease while also dodging Kenny's bullets in the process. They then hooked their 3DM gear onto the nearby buildings and started to fly off as fast as they could.

At the same time, the wagon that was transporting Eren and Historia was also being followed by the people who were with Kenny. The person who was driving the carriage was starting to get worried when he heard the sounds of gunshots.

"What's going on?!" Eren asked, lifting the curtain to the side so he could see. Historia stood next to him, still hidden by the shadow of the curtain.

"Stay in there!" The man shouted. He whipped the reins of the horse to speed up even though they were already going as fast as the horses could run.

One of Kenny's soldiers hooked their 3DM Gear onto the cover of the wagon, pulling it off and exposing Eren and Historia. A gun had been placed in the wagon just in case their plan had failed. As Eren went to grab the gun, one of the soldiers shot a tranquilizer into Historia's neck.

"Historia!" Eren shouted as he reached for the gun. She had passed out on the floor of the wagon. The same soldier then shot another tranquilizer into Eren's neck, causing him to pass out as well, landing on top of Historia.

Kenny's men then shot the soldier who had been driving the wagon in the head, killing him. With the soldier dead, they were able to take control of the reins and lead the horses where they wanted to go.

From up above, Levi and Y/n followed the cart. As the cart turned the corner, so did they. What they didn't expect was to find was five soldiers waiting to shoot them on the other side.

"Get up to the roof!" Levi shouted.

Him and Y/n attached their hooks to the street and flew backwards as bullets were fired at them. While Levi kept low to the ground, Y/n used the buildings and the momentum from the gas to get herself onto the roof, all while avoiding bullets being shot at her.

Once she had made it onto the roof, she started running. One of the soldiers went to chase after her. She wasn't able to outrun 3DM gear so it was inevitable that one would catch up to her. The soldier was across the street on the other building running after her. When he thought he was a good chance at killing her, he attached his hook onto a chimney that was a few feet ahead of her in order to cross over to her side.

At the same time, Y/n attached her hook onto a chimney that was a few feet ahead of where the soldier currently was running on the building across from her. Realizing they would meet in the middle of the street, both Y/n and the soldier took off to see who would be the victor.

In a race to kill first, the two soldiers met almost exactly above the middle of the street. The soldier fired first, but his bullet barely missed Y/n, grazing her cheek. Her face changed into a smirk right before she sliced through the soldier's stomach, killing him instantly.

When she landed on the other roof, she started running again, watching as Levi avoided the four soldiers firing bullets at him. Suddenly she saw one of the soldiers catching up to him. If he caught up to Levi, there was little that Levi would be able to do to avoid getting shot.